“Good food, beautiful presentation but okay service.”
Review of DW 11-13

DW 11-13
Ranked #15 of 1,204 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, beautiful presentation but okay service.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I think I had tartar for appetizer, it was delicious but had better ones before. I had confit duck thigh for the main course, I think my friend had sous vide rolled lamb loin. For dessert I had valrhona ganache, coconut sorbet, banana ice cream. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. All that said, while visiting Cape Town and Johannesburg for 15 days, I've visited some of the best-rated restaurants in South Africa, and for the price I paid at DW eleven-13, I would expect better service. The wait staffs were polite but nothing beyond.

1 Thank KYPark

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had long wanted to visit this restaurant, but when we finally did, it was disappointing. The food was not bad, but came in minute portions which only made the extortionate prices less acceptable and seemed to emphasize style (presentation) over content (taste). The duck was extremely salty.
Service was attentive, though serious about pushing the extras.
Perhaps we're picky - we're very good home cooks, and left feeling we could have made a better meal at a fraction of the price.

El Paso, Texas
“I salivate just thinking about this place!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate an incredible meal, drank wonderful South African wine - delightful and uberly drinkable. Close to one of the best meals I've ever eaten - ANYWHERE!!! Kudos to the chef. The service was attentive, generous, and well paced. All in all, a fabulous dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
“Favourite restaurant in JHB”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

DW 11-13 is an aberration from the largely bland dining experiences to be had in Johannesburg. Food and service are excellent, try the Degustation menu with wine and take a Taxi (or safer a Cab).

Perth, Australia
“If your in Joburg and love Food....eat here”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have travelled the world extensively and this restaurant serves seriously good food!
Of my week in joburg i dined lunch and dinner and this was a cut above the rest