“What an awesome restaurant”
Review of DW 11-13

DW 11-13
Ranked #15 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Taking my wife out here on a few occasions and never been disappointed -the steak is amazing and the service impeccable.

There are newer reviews for DW 11-13

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had many wonderful meals at this restaurant and were so glad that Jo'burg had one outstanding dining venue that could compete with Cape Town. However , the fame got the better of it and the food quality went down and the prices sky rocketed - what a pity - we are willing to pay for excellent food , but it has now just reached a point where (even) we feel it is not worth it anymore.

1  Thank Huyshen
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a special restaurant all round. The decor is welcoming but not intrusive, the table settings tasteful but not over the top. Its all about the food. And, by and large, exceptional food it is. Our starters were almost perfect, the only false note being an over-vinegared pear "chutney" accompanying the fois gras that jarred with the subtlety of the rest of the dish. Mains were also complex and exciting except for the rib eye which was the strangest piece of meat any of us had ever encountered. Tasteless and slimy, it was left uneaten. But a shared cheese dish to finish was sublime. We brought our critisisms to the attention of our otherwise excellent waiter but he clearly had no idea how to deal with them. So, not wanting to spoil an otherwise exceptional evening, we didn't take it any further. DW 11-13 is good. It could almost be perfect. But it isn't there yet.

1  Thank Shazza127
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was invited to lunch here, and as I am not local, had no expectation bar good company. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole meal and service, and have to explain why only rating 4. If I had known that this was considered one of the top 10 restaurants in SA, I would have been a little more critical in my expectation. Although the food was effortlessly presented, and well put together, I did find it very rich, and the combination of lamb and game did not work well for me. The service was good when it was quiet, but the staff were not truly listening to what we ask, and we had to repeat a couple of requests again. Knowing the caliber of restaurants in Dublin such as Chapter One, L'Ecrivain, One Pico and Roly's Bistro to name a varied few, I think that the owners would not be amiss to put the WOW back into their delivery and service. It was good, no doubt - but it was not as good as the reputation I heard of afterwards.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have a problem here ... this restaurant is reviewed twice, both #13 and #32!

It should be ranked at a much better position, anyway, ... Superb food, superbly presented. Great service. The prices are not outrageously expensive and the decor is very pleasant.

I have been there on several occasions, never been disappointed.