“Great food & great service”

Cafe del Sol Classico
Ranked #1 of 1,309 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Love eating out at Cafe del Sol... whenever we go we know we are in for deliciousness! There's always an energetic buzz in the air at the restaurant as its always busy! Guests know the food is well prepared and fresh! The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and managers are always on hand to tell you hat specials are available! I especially love the squid starter! My hubby always loves the lamp chops for mains and desserts are also divine!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

One of our favourite restaurants in Jo’burg, we’ve visited several times and we are always impressed with the warm atmosphere, which is trendy and delightfully decorated, I particularly enjoy reading all the ‘quotes & sayings’ stenciled onto the walls.
The attentive staff, particularly Alex, he’s a fun guy and Luciana (the owner), she walks around the restaurant adding to the guest’s experience.
The seafood risotto is a must, fresh pasta dishes are also delicious! The desserts are all excellent, so my advice is to save some room!
This place is perfect for special occasions or just getting together with special friends.
You have to book at least 3-4 weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. You can also email your reservation request to bookings@cafedelsol.co.za.
I only have one criticism, it’s very noisy and difficult to hear each other across the table, particularly if you are a table of more than 6. I would recommend you go with a small party and enjoy everything this little gem has to offer - Buon appetito!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to Café Del Sol many times and have never been disappointed. From their delicious fish cakes to any of their mouth watering pasta dishes, you cant go wrong and lets not even talk about their absolutely fabulous desserts - I have tried every single one of them. The atmosphere is bustling and if you want a table you must book or probably be disappointed. By far the best restaurant in Gauteng in my mind and great for family, friends and even couples wanting a nice romantic evening out!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Excellent quality and presentation. Have eaten here about 10 times since the restaurant opened and the standard has ALWAYS been excellent. Well trained staff, and the owner always greets you and visits your table several times during the meal to check.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants. The food is beautifully prepared and served. The best pasta in the country. The personal service by the owner and top class manager make the difference. The Strawberry Pavlova is worth travelling miles for!