“Sensuality on a plate”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been dining at CDS for a while and it just keeps on getting better and better. There is a lot to be said for a business that is family owned and run, hands on, always there. In my opinion one of the best if not THE best in Johannesburg. Go and be amazed.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a hidden treasure in Johannesburg,warm friendly staff, excellent food and the visability of owner and her family highly recommended!!!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was hoping for more when I visited this restaurant. I was not dissapointed but reading the reviews my expectations may have been raised too high. The food is good but cannot be called Italian. It is more fine dining then anything else. Service is good and the owners are hands on. Prices are high, but not rediculous considering the portion sizes and the quality. Ambience is fine. I may return.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

the BEST waiters-the Best service and the most awsome food..i honestly felt that what i had ordered was made especially for me..the BEST RESTAURANT in Johannesburg

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had lunch today in Cafe del Sol. Although we arrived at 2:45 pm, right before the kitchen closed, they professionally and politely accomodated us and provided a very friendly service. Moreover, the food was just delicious. All of us loved our choices, mainly pasta and risotto. I will sure go back to enjoy the risotto porcini... probably the best one in town. Thanks!!!