“Cafe del Sol - a little bit of Italy in Olivedale”

Cafe del Sol Classico
Ranked #1 of 1,183 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Pretoria, South Africa
“Cafe del Sol - a little bit of Italy in Olivedale”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

What a gem! We drove all the way from Pretoria and it was worth it! In actual fact - we will drive to this place again and again. The atmosphere was great, the owner came to explain the specials and added a personsl touch to the experience. The food was fantastic! From the steaks to the pasta. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank Minnaars

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Joy!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Joy every single minute!!! Loved it. Love the fact that it is a wholesome and earthy place in a suburb like this one. I found a good gem 5 minutes away from my home. Happiness!!!
My sister and cousins went there on a lazy Saturday afternoon. How apt that we went there immediately after my last photography class. We were looking for dessert. We got more than we expected. Received remarkable service, hospitality and dessert (wheat free nut cake, rich chocolate tart and lemon meringue cake...cake names not exact but close), spinach quiche for the not so sweet-toothed folk.

We came to learn during the afternoon that this is a family run establishment with a brother and sister duo...it shows! Kiara (hostess extraordinaire) and Ryan taking over after she left.
This is a well run restaurant with good service and offerings on the menu. I have found my perfect 'local'.

Beautiful decor and inspring messages on the walls, sublime handwash in the bathrooms, and staff with an attitude to match the excellence.

After seeing the beautiful plates going to the other tables, I look forward to a full meal soon, very soon.

BTW.... Took lots of pics of my sister, cousins and the food.

JOY!

• Visited July 2012
Johannesburg
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Do not judge this place on where it's situated. The food, atmosphere and service is outstanding! I can't believe I have only discovered it now! Will definately recommend this little heaven on earth to everybody! WOW! WOW! WOW!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Funlovinglulu
“Amazing food! Great place!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

They have great breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everything is cooked to perfection! the service is great and they have a nice selection of wines.

Visited June 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“I'm always looking for any special occasion to come here!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I'm crazy crazy about the food here. It's heavenly. I'm so finicky about food that I don't tend to be able to eat at fancy place, but here, everything is so delicious, you'd think I was eating mac and cheese at home! Their Limoncello Calamari pops up in my head regularly through the day. If only there were more special occasions!

I have two small criticisms- one is the noise levels- which are just overwhelming. Not really possible to have a cosy date. Also, although their food is incredible, their desserts are strictly average. I've had their baked cheesecake and their lemon meringue, and although they were definitely tasty, after the quality of the food I really expected more.

• Visited May 2012