“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Sushi, Portuguese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate here on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was fill and there was live music for entertainment. We ordered the mixed sushi plate to share for starters and it was really bad. The rice was poorly cooked and stodgy. It felt if it was made early in the day and left out in the open to dry. Completely tasteless. We complained and they did discount the price for us.
I ordered the prawn curry. It tasted good but it was more a case of prawns added to a spicy sauce and an actual curry - which I didn't mind as this was not an Indian restaurant. The problem was that within an hour or two eating the meal I developed a very bad case of diarrhea which lasted all night and all of the next day despite me going to the chemist and getting something for it.
It was clearly a case of poorly prepared and poor quality prawns used or a case of poor hygiene in the kitchen. My flight home was not pleasant and I had to take the next day off sick to recover.
Definitely not recommended.

1  Thank Sajit K

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I like to visit on a sunday when they have a buffet. Eat as much as you like and they have a nice variety.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've met in the restaurant for suprise birthday and farewell for my partner we had some Chourico Slices, and chicken livers and then I had 1kg of king prwns and i forgott about whole world it was wonderfull fresh and juicy and NOT overcooked that i can't remmember what was on the other plates=) But i'm sure it was as equisit as my dish. If you will be in Joburg try=)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

From the little prestarter rolls to desert, to the fine dining setting, this is tops! I love the presentation, setting, serving and vast knowledge that the waiters have of the food on the menu. Just book in advance, it's very difficult to get a walk in....well understood, food is excellent

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have eaten out many times at Adega in Bryanston, the food is always good, especially the seafood. There is a "special" buffet on Tuesday evenings and you can eat as much as you like.
The menu is varied and the service from waitrons to manager is excellent. Booking is probably a good idea as we notice it gets quite full. Price is not bad, worth paying.