“Surprisingly intimate”

Pigalle Melrose Arch
Ranked #20 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A world class restaurant renowned for exceptional seafood, meats wine & service. Master of elegant, yet trendy dining, overlooking the Melrose Arch Piazza.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Surprisingly intimate”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

For a fairly well known restaurant we enjoyed out winter's dinner in an unexpectedly quiet and intimate environment. Tables are well spaced so we never felt the intrusion of other diners despite a full restaurant. As for the food, we were spoilt for choice. I settled for the duck quarter in an interesting strawberry sauce; slightly less tart than a traditional orange sauce, but not too syrupy or cloying. I also sampled an Alaskan crab soup in a Thai lemongrass infusion - wonderfully fragrant and tender. By the time we arrived at dessert, we over-indulged with the delicious crepes suzette, Judging from our neighbours, this was the house speciality, and I recommend leaving space to fully appreciate this.

All in all a very memorable and enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2014

“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had dinner at Pigalle Melrose Arch, and what a wonderful experience i had. Our waiter was very experienced and we were not want for anything. The chicken tandoori salad which was very good and my partner had the Salmon Teriyaki.

I would recommend that anyone try this one out.

• Visited January 2014
Krugersdorp, South Africa
“Dinner”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with work colleagues at Pigalle. Directions could be better, food was great though. I had the lamb phyllo and venison carpaccio

Johannesburg
“Excellent Customer Exprience”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had an excellent experience today having lunch with my wife as well as my in laws at Pigalle Melrose Arch. the waitress Nicole who was excellently trained provided excellent customer service not only to me as the Host but also to my guests. The Baby Lobster was an excellent choice as well as the prawns which was absolutely well prepared and not to mention delicious. thank you Pigalle for continuing to raise your standards and deliver excellent service which is hard to find these days. I will definitely be back soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank cateaux2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Inner City Dinning”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A beautiful setting where, if you lucky, you can watch the sky turn from blue to gold as the sun sets. The menu offers a tempting array of seafood, all mouth watering. The palate cleanser and butternut soup where simply delicious! With regards to the Avocado-Ritz, I would have preferred the Avocado out of the skin as one could not eat the dish as it was served, but this is a personal preference. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere that gets busy around 8pm. I suggest you make a booking or go super early to dine.

• Visited April 2014