“Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pigalle Melrose Arch

Pigalle Melrose Arch
Ranked #20 of 1,172 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A world class restaurant renowned for exceptional seafood, meats wine & service. Master of elegant, yet trendy dining, overlooking the Melrose Arch Piazza.
Krugersdorp, South Africa
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with work colleagues at Pigalle. Directions could be better, food was great though. I had the lamb phyllo and venison carpaccio

Johannesburg
“Excellent Customer Exprience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had an excellent experience today having lunch with my wife as well as my in laws at Pigalle Melrose Arch. the waitress Nicole who was excellently trained provided excellent customer service not only to me as the Host but also to my guests. The Baby Lobster was an excellent choice as well as the prawns which was absolutely well prepared and not to mention delicious. thank you Pigalle for continuing to raise your standards and deliver excellent service which is hard to find these days. I will definitely be back soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank cateaux2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Inner City Dinning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

A beautiful setting where, if you lucky, you can watch the sky turn from blue to gold as the sun sets. The menu offers a tempting array of seafood, all mouth watering. The palate cleanser and butternut soup where simply delicious! With regards to the Avocado-Ritz, I would have preferred the Avocado out of the skin as one could not eat the dish as it was served, but this is a personal preference. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere that gets busy around 8pm. I suggest you make a booking or go super early to dine.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Brilliant food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our first time at Pigalle Melrose Arch for our 7th anniversary. Was very quiet as it was a Sunday evening. When I made the reservation I was asked if it was a special occasion and I explained that it was our anniversary and that I would like a table on one of the private balconies. When we arrived I expected the table to be prepared with saucers/napkins etc. and the candle at least to be lit, but we were shown to an empty table on a dark balcony. Still unsure of why they ask if it is a special occasion if they don't intend doing anything about it? Nothing complimentary was offered or anything? The hostess just congratulated us on our way out. Anyway everything we ordered was excellent and for the excellent food we would go back. For starters my husband had the bouillabaisse which he said was average but very filling. I had the chicken caesar salad (chef's speciality) which was delicious! Just the right proportion of lettuce, toppings and dressing. A brilliant take on a common dish. For mains my husband had the lamb shank which he enjoyed and I had the shellfish platter which was exceptional! Both were very filling. The shellfish was fresh, well seasoned and not over cooked. For dessert we had the chocolate fondant and trio of sorbet. We enjoyed both. The fondant was the best I have had in a while! Many reviewers comment on the steep prices but considering the size of the portions, it is good value for money.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A Touch of Class in Johannesburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

A top class restaurant in all respects, and surprisingly good value, considering the all round high standards of the establishment.

• Visited March 2014