“Bread Basket”

Vovo Telo
Ranked #123 of 1,304 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quaint cafe with new signature dinner menu in the heart of Parkhurst. Family and dog friendly, a lovely airy cafe, with plenty of outdoor seating, in our cozy courtyard. Daily freshly baked breads, cakes and other sweet treats, be sure to consider us for birthdays, anniversaries or other special occasions, full facility is available to book for any special event.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is one of my favourite haunts because no matter whether you go for lunch or dinner, the food is delicious, plentiful and good value for money. I also enjoy watching the bread and pizzas being prepared and baked right in front of me. There's a good vibe in this place that I just don't feel in any of the other places on this busy street.

IANANDSTELLA, General Manager at Vovo Telo, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Dear Guest

We thank you for you review on our beloved bakery and restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other foodies out there.

Vovo Telo Parkhurst has recently undergone a management change and we would love to see you again in the near future.

Our specialized breads are as fresh as ever so don't hesitate to swing past and pick one up, hot from the oven or pop in for a deliciously prepared meal served with a smile.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The food and service are ok. The Cresta franchise's food is better, but they don't have a liqueur license. Great for breakfast or a quick meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Vibey bakery oriented eatery with lots of aspiring who's who among the clientele. Good menu and service for lighter meals. Great bread, cakes and coffee!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I must thank Jonathon Lyons. He found my wallet in his restaurant with a large amount of money, before I even knew it was missing. He immediately sent an email to contact him ASAP, as I had my business card from Los Angeles, and I got my wallet back. I wanted to award him but he did not accept the money. Integrity and honesty. That is what this man exemplified, and something many in our society lacks these days. I applaud him.

1  Thank MFeijao

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I often come to this popular hang out around mid morning for brunch. The service is decent and the food is good. It is well located and the outside area in warmer weather is great.