“The best restaurant in Melville”
Review of Cafe Picobella

Cafe Picobella
Ranked #150 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Melville”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have had so many dinners there. It is one of the few places I know it will open everyday and will not close until 10pm even on a Sunday... (finally a normal place!)

The menu is full of delicious options and I can't remember a time I was disappointed.
The place is very inviting with a huge oven for the pizza and lots of candle lights. Both romantic and friendly. And if you smoke, there is always a special place for you!

Also don't forget to have a look at the wine list. You won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MyIsla

Blankenberge, Belgium
“Good food but waitress asked tip”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Food was good but wen the Bill came it was 414 we give 440 the waitress came to our table and said it was not enough she wanted 445? So no Thank you what an attitude

3 Thank DanielleJosephine
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved this place... and I don't even like Italian!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed across the street at The Melville House - this place was my dinner locale for almost two weeks! It was really really good! Love the cappuccinos, the calzetta and the caprese salad!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank babsmcse
New York, NY
“Nice restaurant, excellent service and value”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went there initially because it was across the street from the Melville House where we were staying. Pleasant place, excellent service, good Italian food, warm and friendly, excellent value.

• Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Looks good and tastes good!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Lovely atmosphere in the place, quite authentically Italian. People were very friendly and welcoming. I love the idea that they allow children to help in making their own pizza in the kitchen! The food was good, I went back twice for the Hawaiian pizza! The other food, whilst I did not try it, looked good as well and received two thumbs up from my family members. Nice little place!

• Visited July 2012