“Duck!”

Bistro Vine
Ranked #112 of 1,204 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
“Duck!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The duck confit was superb, as was our waiter. Atmosphere vibey. The salmon starter on the menu was actually trout at a salmon price.
I would go back, most definitely, as long as the hostess who was working on the night of 6 December isn't there. Surly, and quite rude. The charm and hard work of our (overworked) waiter made up for it, as did the good food; our waiter really went the extra mile for us! The fact that we were seated next to a noisy table of about 20 people, who insisted on bashing into us was not the fault of this really good restaurant.
Yes, I'll be back!

• Visited December 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great place for a Sunday lunch”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, good food and great service. The waitress was super efficient which is a pleasure to see nowadays. Would definitely recommend Bistro Vine and certainly keep the place on my revisit list.

Visited November 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Stunning food and ambiance! ”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was excellent! Pity the oysters was a bit disappointing... I had my 1st ever Boyobaise. Hope I got the spelling right!! It was very yummy!! :-) we hope to see you real soon again.

“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were invited to a birthday bash . The food was exceptional and the service good and we will definitely return for a more intimate evening

• Visited October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Am I glad I went back - Excellent Food and Wine”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Oh My Word, What a lovely simple, fresh and delectable meal. Could not fault one thing. Totally redeemed in my eyes. So I had a simple and fresh stacked Mozarella and Basil salad. It is layered with Phylloo pastry. The silk of the basil with the crunch of the pasty and the sweetness of the oven dried slices of tomato were just such a lovely combination of texture and flavour. My husband had a smooth and creamy duck liver pate with a sweet, jammy, sauce to compliment the pate on ovals of toastadas. Yum!
We drank a stunning bottle of French Rose - just too yummy to have only one. A little pricey but it was well worth it. As our main course we opted for the Fresh Saldahna Mussels in a lemon, wine, cream sauce dotted with fresh spring onions and celery. Accompanied by yummy fat, chunky, crispy Chips - I think twice fried (they were golden brown and soft inside). It was so light and fresh and just a really lovely meal overall.
A few years ago we went to Bistro Vine and had a terrible experience with food and service overall. AM I OVER THE MOON I WENT BACK _ WHAT A STUNNING LITTLE SPOT - Will be back soon. Great specials list with fresh and seasonal goods. YUM!!

• Visited October 2013