“Am I glad I went back - Excellent Food and Wine”
Review of Bistro Vine

Bistro Vine
Ranked #95 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Am I glad I went back - Excellent Food and Wine”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Oh My Word, What a lovely simple, fresh and delectable meal. Could not fault one thing. Totally redeemed in my eyes. So I had a simple and fresh stacked Mozarella and Basil salad. It is layered with Phylloo pastry. The silk of the basil with the crunch of the pasty and the sweetness of the oven dried slices of tomato were just such a lovely combination of texture and flavour. My husband had a smooth and creamy duck liver pate with a sweet, jammy, sauce to compliment the pate on ovals of toastadas. Yum!
We drank a stunning bottle of French Rose - just too yummy to have only one. A little pricey but it was well worth it. As our main course we opted for the Fresh Saldahna Mussels in a lemon, wine, cream sauce dotted with fresh spring onions and celery. Accompanied by yummy fat, chunky, crispy Chips - I think twice fried (they were golden brown and soft inside). It was so light and fresh and just a really lovely meal overall.
A few years ago we went to Bistro Vine and had a terrible experience with food and service overall. AM I OVER THE MOON I WENT BACK _ WHAT A STUNNING LITTLE SPOT - Will be back soon. Great specials list with fresh and seasonal goods. YUM!!

• Visited October 2013

Doha, Qatar
“Chilled out fine dining”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my second visit to the Vine, this time with friends who were experiencing it for the first time. The food was excellent and perfectly proportioned with a specials board that brought variety to a small but perfectly formed menu.

Our waitress was a perfect host for the evening, explained the specials with knowledge and enthusiasm and was attentive at the right times during the meal (thanks Kerryn).

Whenever I'm back in in Jo'burg I'll visit again and have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant to friends and friends and colleagues.

• Visited October 2013
“Cosy and romantic”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Bistro Vine is one of Joburg's best kept secrets. It is ideal for quiet night with your loved one. The food is superb and the staff are very friendly. Try out their duck confit!

• Visited September 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food in cosy Bistro”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very pleasant little Bistro, with great decor. Impressive wine list, friendly staff and absolutely awesome food.

I had the Stroganoff and my wife had a vegetarian pasta, both were out-of-this-world.

Very pleasant experience overall

• Visited June 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Good steak Tartare”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Good meal, good vibe - exactly what one wants from the cosy Parkhurst restaurants. I had a really good steak tartare. Not quite as good as France but as good as I've had here.

Visited April 2013