“Tasha's Melrose Arch”

Tashas
Ranked #7 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beautiful food. Stunning environments. Engagingly delivered.
“Tasha's Melrose Arch”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just love the fact that this Tasha's caters specifically for the salmon and champagne lovers, by having a separate menu featuring these dishes. We have often gone to this restaurant and without fail, the service has been good, not to mention the food. On this occasion, we did not order from the salmon/champagne menu, but all had Quesadillas. I love the Arabian, specifically because it has lots of of chilli, coriander and chickpeas in it, plus steak if you are not vegetarian. For dessert we tried the Coconut Drizzle cake (moist and yummy) and the Mille-Feuille which was good but perhaps needs a bit of work to improve the overall taste.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
“Don't get the hype”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I get that we don't get much/good American classics in Johannesburg - but this place is selling the cool factor and that is it. And if you don't care how cool you are, well then what? I'm appalled that it is rated above a bunch of places that 1) have better service 2) serve good food. I get that it is convenient etc... but that doesn't get me going.

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent every time”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tasha's in Hyde Park, Johannesburg never fails to provide delicious food whilst you watch the world walk past and see various friends going to or coming from movies. And see who they are with !

• Visited April 2013
Heidelberg
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We often pop into Tasha's the food service and coffee are always great and is a convenient well maintained venue to meet for informal business meetings and gathering with family and friends

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Vibrant eatery, fantastic atmosphere & food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had breakfast here every single day during my trip to Jo'burg recently and I absolutely adore Tasha's! And from the looks of it, so do the locals. It was always full - with people, energy, great vibe! Food was Absolutely delicious, the menu very imaginative and presentation very appetising! My 4 year old daughter loved the pasta here, I of course was more adventurous and tried out loads of interesting stuff. Coffee is great here too! And despite being a super busy place, the staff always were very attentive with a smile on their face. In fact a lot of them came over to say hi ( we actually got recognised!), even though they were not attending to our table! Guess where I will be eating on my next trip to Jo'burg!

Visited June 2013