“Casual Dining”

Tashas
Ranked #7 of 1,309 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beautiful food. Stunning environments. Engagingly delivered.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is one of a branch network in a variety of locations in SA. The menu is varied and it is still possible to make amendments to suit all tastes, not this, add this, plenty of that.

The restaurant appears to be well patronised and the staff are eager to help if sometimes a little slow. The Granny Smith breakfast is perfect, the sandwiches and salads more than enough to share and the coffees and laid back atmosphere make it a great place to sit and watch the world go by or chat for hours with friends. It’s as good a place to start as many you’ll find in other cities around the world.

I haven’t had the main courses, so can’t really comment on those, but for breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks – you can’t really go wrong.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very busy, don't take bookings so you can sit inside, sat outside and it was windy and cold and then started raining. The food was average and expensive for what you got. Not a place to go unless you are prepared to wait for a table and where it seems they cram as many tables as possible inside so you are sitting on top of each other. We were with a friend who is 8 months pregnant, so not ideal to have to sit around as they don't take bookings.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

On holiday in SA we arrived yesterday to stay with friends and as we were hungry went for some brunch at Tashas in Melrose. The place was busy which is normally a good sign but we had a table straight away.

Looking at the menu there was about 10 things I wanted to order and plenty more which looked great...I had the fillet steak zarmie which was substantial and excellent, others both had the salmon flatbread which they loved. I have heard that the schnitzel zarmie is great too and so are a load of other dishes from my friend who goes loads!

Service was attentive and I found the prices to be very reasonable, but then I am here on holiday!

Shame we are only in town for a couple of days but next time I will definitely be back to try some of the other great looking dishes.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Order a smoked salmon open sandwich for lunch and was delivered with the plastic paper still in the salmon.
You'll never see me again

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose this restaurant at Melrose Arch because my partner wanted to have the Beef Wellington as shown on the menu. Only after we had ordered the drinks were we told that the oven was broken. The sirloin steak he ordered instead was rather stewing steak at its best, it was inedible. My dish was supposed to include chorizo sausage, but I only received 3 waver thin slivers - not the way you serve chorizo!! Red wine by the glass was far too warm - room temperature is not supposed to be 25 degrees!!

This is my 3rd disappointing visit to Tashas and will most probably be my last