“GREAT Meal! GREAT Service”
Review of Turn 'n Tender

Turn 'n Tender
Ranked #43 of 1,310 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went to this always busy and vibey restaurant on a Friday evening with some colleagues from the industry. The experience was GREAT, from meeting the Owner all the way to our top class entertainer Irvine! Who proved what can be done with a bit of passion, energy and can do attitude!

Will definitely return numerous times and will suggest the STEAKS to any fellow meat lover.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

As a born-joburger who loves a good steak I must say the atmosphere at turn and tender is great but the food does not live up to the likes of the local grill, the grillhouse or the butcher shop and grill

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I went for an early dinner with my wife and two young kids.

We were seated quickly as the restaurant was empty.

We were asked what we wanted to order and requested a couple of minutes to decide. Quite a while later we managed to flag down a different waiter to take our order.

The kids food was brought out quickly, which was great. But then we had to wait some time for the adults meals. I hate it when restaurants do that before checking if the kids and adults food should come out at different times. I prefer to eat at the same time as my kids rather than try to entertain kids with full tums and bored minds whilst I try rush through my meal.

The food was fairly good, but not great.

I haven't been back there since, but have eaten at another resistant I'm the same building at least six times since then. Although to be fair I will give them another try sometime.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I’ve been to Turn & tender Illovo a few times for business lunches, and it never disappoints.
This upmarket steakhouse offers the best quality steaks I have ever seen. Rump, sirloin, fillet, they have it all, and they pride themselves in not only providing top quality food, but also 5 star service.

I can honestly not think of any criticism for this restaurant. It is the preferred restaurant of people that can afford the premium!
If I could choose eating here once a month vs once a week at a cheaper steakhouse – Turn & Tender wins every time. Quality over Quantity!

Spoil yourself, you won’t be disappointed!

Tip: Booking is essential!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant is Huge and booking is essential otherwise you may land up sitting outside. Really good food especially meat.