“disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“disappointed”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After booking well in advance we got there on a Saturday evening only to find out the main restaurant was full and they have put some tables in a empty shop. Felt we were sitting in a garage. We should have been notifiied. Terrible experience and they are greedy to try and push us inyo a empty shop

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank willem312578

• Polish first
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Wonderful 11 course meal at not too bad a price. Interesting combinations, some of the dishes were a few of the best I've ever tasted.

• Visited May 2013
Eagan, Minnesota, United States
“If ever in Johannesburg eat at the Cube!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As a foodie, I was looking forward to my July 2nd dinner with great anticipation and was not disappointed. I found communicating easy via email from the US, Dario's suggestions for taking the Guatrain to Rosebank (and then cab it to the restaurant...try Zebra Cabs) a great help for curbing transportation costs, and the food was truly extraordinary. I do say this was the best very meal I have ever had in my entire, almost 60 year old, life. I enjoyed every course, watching the kitchen, the staff (chatty and attentive) and Chef Alex's descriptions. I would go out of my way to get to Joburg and this restaurant again if I were anywhere near South Africa. The only thing that was a negative was that I spent more on RT transportation from OR Tambo than the meal itself.

• Visited July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Don't wate your Randelas”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Its all very well that everything looks fancy, but it must taste good too.
I don't understand what all the hype was about. I felt that it was a complete waste of money.
There isn't much of an atmosphere and the décor is limited.
Hate it!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SashSA
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Some of the best food ever, anywhere.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went as a group of friends and booked the whole restaurant (well OK, 30 people is what it takes). Paul Cluver treated us to wine with the 10 course meal, which was absolutely brilliant, some of the best food i'd ever enjoyed. Each of the courses had a number of really complex elements - Heston style! Well worth it. Expect to stay at least 3 hours.

• Visited July 2013