“A Full Day”
Review of Felleng Day Tours

Felleng Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour company who specializes in safaris and providing guiding services for individuals and groups who decides to come to South/Southern Africa and East Africa for a holiday. Guided tours are conducted to: Soweto, Pilanesberg Game Reserve, Sterkfontein Caves, Pretoria, Cullinan Diamond Mine etc. We also conduct tours to The Kruger National Park, Victoria Falls and Cape Town to name a few. Our safaris are conducted to Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Kenya, and Tanzania and what a nice way to combine a safari in Tanzania with a beach holiday in Zanzibar Each individual traveling to Africa has unique requirements, wishes and dreams. For many it is a journey of a lifetime, others might be searching for a glimpse of a rare endemic bird. We take great care in discovering what you want from your safari before making our recommendations. Our aim is to share our passion for Africa and to act as your hosts in this special continent. Hence, the sample itineraries we feature on our website are purely an illustration of the range of possibilities we offer, highlighting the prime wilderness areas and a few of the particularly special camps and lodges we offer our guests.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had one day in the city and we wanted to see as much possible as possible. We were picked up at our hotel and given a great tour of the area to include the Aparthied Museum, Soweto and Kliptown. The tour was informative and complete and I would recommend this well run company for your tour, which was filled with interesting information.

2  Thank zek7717
Felleng, Owner at Felleng Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review. I appreciate it. Soweto and the Apartheid museum is always so interesting and a lot of information. It was so nice to meet you.
Regards
Agnes

There are newer reviews for Felleng Day Tours

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rudie picked us up in the morning and we drove to the Pilansburg Game Preserve, about 2 hours north of Johannesburg. The travel time flew by as Rudie answered our questions and cheerfully pointed out areas of interest. The Game Park was fabulous and we saw so many antelope, elephants, zebra and even wart hogs and rhinos....even Rudy was pleased as we watched a dozen or more elephants playing at a waterhole. The buffet at the lodge was outstanding and we even had a Weaver bird land on the table and sample our cheese! The evening run with Peter our guide was a delight as well. This is a marvelous trip and gave us a great look into what makes Africa so magical! Thank you Rudy...we really enjoyed our trip with you!!!

1  Thank jmbhappy

Thank you very much for the great review. We had a wonderful day together. It is always nice if we do see the animals. Pilanesberg is such a great park. Hope you do come one day again to South Africa.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Thanks Agnes and Rudie for making our day in Johannesburg unforgettable!!! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Kliptown and will never forget our visit to Soweto. The Apartheid museum was very interesting and Nelson Mandela house was amazing. You were both very informative and couldn't do anything more for us!! Thanks once again! When we are back in South Africa we will definitely be booking another tour with you. Cheers Eve & Andy

1  Thank Eve A
Felleng, Owner at Felleng Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hallo Eve and Andy, it was so nice to meet you both and we had a great time together. We really hope to see you one day again in South Africa. Thank you very much for the great review.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I hadn't intended to take a tour my final day in South Africa. I'm so glad I did. The Felleng tour of Soweto was a highlight of my trip. Agnes arrived at my B&B a few minutes early and I liked her immediately. She was warm, relaxed, genuine. I knew I would be in good hands with her. The tour emphasized the endurance and community of caring of Soweto, which Agnes called one of the safest areas near Johannesburg, much safer than downtown Johannesburg. We went inside the home of a Sowetan woman. The floors were bare concrete, the roof was corrugated tin, hot in summer, cold in winter, leaky in the rain. Though crowded, it was spotlessly clean with pots and pans scrubbed so that they sparkled on the coal stove. We visited the Kliptown Project which is trying to help the community with tutoring, computers, and creative projects, as well as feeding 400 people a day. We visited a cultural village started by a black South African whose paintings in 1979 illustrated his prediction of bombing of the World Trade Center. We saw Mandela's house. Though I am a news junkie, I didn't know the CIA was instrumental in putting Mandela behind bars for 28 years. Equally instructive was the conversation in the car, between tourist sites. Agnes knows about current and historical South African politics and was candid in her assessment. I felt free to ask her anything. A special treat was the traditonal food we had at a local restaurant.

It was heartwarming to see how well-liked Agnes is by the people of Soweto. She was very generous with her time, energy and accessibility, both with them and with me. I could not be happier with this 1/2 day spent with Agnes. My only regret is that I hadn't arranged to have more time with Felleng tours.

1  Thank Judith1220

It was so nice to meet you. We had a great day together and were talking like old friends. Thank you very much for the great review. Still thinking of the singing at Wandies. All the best.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

After 37 hours of travelling, I stepped off the plane in Johannesburg and Agnes picked me upand gave me a tour of Johannesburg, including Soweto and Klipton as well as the Apartheid Museum. It is a testament to her warmth and enthusiasm that I was able to stay awake and engaged after such a long trip. She has built up an impressive knowledge of the city and its history and presented it in casual and conversational style. I look forward to my next trip to SA and I will surely be booking another tour with Felleng.

1  Thank KiheiAkahiOfficial
Felleng, Owner at Felleng Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Neal, it was so nice to meet you. I have never been that long on a flight or traveling so I can just image how tired you must have been. I do hope that you had a good week in South Africa and thank you so much for the review. Hopefully you can experience a safari one day.