“The best and safest public transport in RSA”
Review of Gautrain

and up
Johannesburg Combo: City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off and Soweto Tours
Ranked #2 of 180 things to do in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Gautrain is Africa’s first world-class, modern rapid rail and bus service for Gauteng, a province regarded as the economic heartland of South Africa.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was a single lady traveller & had to get from airport to sandton, this was the fastest, cheapest & safest way to do so.
You can use the train service along with its shuttle buses from the same station using your gold card. However when I bought the gold card at O R Tambo station the agent at the ticket counter cheated me. I had made it very clear I wanted to use the train & the bus, she charged me 143 rand but gave me a credit of only 137 rand after which I couldn't use the bus, since I got confused as the signs outside the station said I need R20 credit in my card & I was left with only R12. But later upon reading about Gautrain more I figured out if you use the train & bus within 1hour together you are given a discount on your journey, so maybe I could have used the bus service.
It's fast & there are spaces to out your luggage. Almost runs every 20 mins, has lot of stations interconnecting with other lines that run elsewhere.
My gold card is now valid for 3 years I only need to top it up every time so I might definitely use gautrain again.

1  Thank Zareen15

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and took a return trip to Pretoria and back to ORT international. The train was great comfortable and ON TIME. If you have not experienced it do it you will not be dissapointed

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We made a day of heading into Sandton for a family outing and the Gautrain Journey was a great big part of it. We got to chat and look at the views the whole way - it was fast, reliable, economical and a whole lot of fun.

1  Thank symlovestravel
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have used the gautrain to get to Sandton from the OT airport a number of times and have found it convenient, clean and efficient. The service at the pay booths is good and security good. I would recommend using the gautrain.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Weve used this a few times from Rhodesfield to Sandton and Hatfield. The facility is very clean and safe and not to expensive.