“Laid-back professionlism”

La Cucina di Ciro
Ranked #71 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In a society where everything is about the pace of modern living, sometimes we need to be reminded to take the time to enjoy one's food while sitting around a dinner table.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very excited to have discovered this restaurant. We were warmly welcomed on a sunny Sunday lunchtime and seated on the verandah under an umbrella with vapour sprays to keep us cool. The food is delightful, the service friendly and efficient and the chef/owner very much in evidence. Little touches such as management and staff asking us how each course was (and actually listening to the reply), water glasses regularly refilled without asking, plates cleared only after both diners had finished and an enquiry as to how long we wanted to wait between the starter and main course, elevate this seemingly laid back casual venue to something a little more special. Looking forward to our return.

There are newer reviews for La Cucina di Ciro

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had dinner at La Cucina last night and we were disappointed. Food sounds amazing on menu but does not live up to the description. We have attended two functions there in the past where the restaurant was booked out and the food was amazing. But when we attend just for a normal dinner it doesn't live up to expectations. We had a similar experience a year or so ago so now we'll just give it a miss.

Ciro_Molinaro, Owner at La Cucina di Ciro, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

we try incredibly hard to try and please everybody and make sure that you enjoy your experience at La Cucina di Ciro.i do not understand why the individual if upset with a particular problem cannot make the effort and comment personally to myself so the problem can be sorted out on the evening or day..please take the oppurtonity to contact me so that i am aware of the problem and i can have the opportunity to make you happy.i am in the industry for 35 years, trust me i will do my damndest to try and make my clients happy.so please phone me if you are unhappy.
CIRO.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

iexcMy wife and I decided to revisit La Cucina di Ciro this last Sunday. The standard of the restaurant and its staff is still excellent. You are warmly greeted on arrival and the food is fantastic. I went straight to main course - I had prime rib on the bone with a red wine and mushroom sauce. The steak was tender and the sauce delicious. My wife had the seafood pasta which was also great.
Desert was a tasting plate of choc moose tart with strawberries and chocolate eclairs with creme pattiserie. fantstic. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for fantastic meal.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Tasteless stuffed calamari. Horrible dry duck with so called roast vegetables - reminder of those dreaded boardinghouse dry stale potatoes. Overly sweet cranbury stuff probably to offset the roasted duck leg that was done at 4pm the afternoon. Awful collapsed porridge soufflé with chunks of left over orange skins. Chef special Pork with crisp crackling that was served as a dry something with a soggy skin thing. And Expensive!!! Thanks but never again

1  Thank Tony H

i am disappointed that you did not call me over and give your comments personally . i am intrigued that this review has to be written on trip advisor, and whilst you were in the restaurant nothing was mentioned or highlighted.please be honest enough and give the restranteur the opportunity to sort the problems out on the evening as we would like you to enjoy your experience.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ciro is an absolute gem - no one does Duck like he does it. Nothing better than superb food and a great Moreson bubble in brilliant atmosphere with a great woman.