“Adventurous and fun for Kids of all ages.”
Review of Acrobranch Melrose

Acrobranch Melrose
Ranked #37 of 180 things to do in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Come have fun in trees with us. 4 courses, from 3 years old up to 70 years old or more, + a giant Zip line, 250m long.Zip lines, monkey bridge, Tarzan Jump, Wire Walk, etc... in a safe environment with our harnesses, and well trained staff. You will spend 2 hours in a natural environment, in one of the most beautiful Park of Johannesburg.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I treated 6 kids from a home who I visit once a week to assist with homework. Aged 13 to 17 years of age. At first I was a little concerned some of the older ones might not take to it as much. But luckily I was wrong and they thoroughly enjoyed the experience. After the introduction and essential training was completed, they did not hesitate to launch right into it. Being older they went straight to course # 3 which was the perfect challenge for them all. With the boys eager to then do course # 4. They all loved the Big Zip line which provided one of the biggest thrills. And for only an extra R30 it is well worth it! You can buys snacks, tea and instant coffee....YAY....so I could still get my caffeine fix which I had missed that morning. It was such a pleasure to watch all the kids have fun but also challenge themselves at the same time. There are courses of various heights, levels and abilities, hence all ages were present having a go. Definitely fun for all the family. Numerous picnic tables under the tress provide areas to sit and also enjoy your snacks or self catered lunches.

1  Thank DonnaH939

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My kids are 4 and 6. They enjoy Acrobranch and I enjoy it too as I believe that it teaches them to take responsibility for their own safety by ensuring that they always have at least one carabiner clipped on to the cabling.

There is constant supervision on the kiddies course that they are restricted too, but mom and I still enjoy keeping a watchful eye on them and encouraging them around the course.

The only negatives are the cost of refreshments (but then you can bring your own), and their is only one course for kids under 7 so after the second or third time around they get bored.

But it is a great couple of hours out and there should be more of these around Johannesburg.

2  Thank Adam B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We're an adventurous family, with lots of exposure to the outdoors, so finding something active to do that impresses a 10 & 11 year old who seem to think they have done it all - makes family trips to Jo'burg a bit of a challenge.

The occasion was a 10th birthday for my daughter and the Acrobranch experience was just perfect. It was safe... but not painfully safe. What I liked about it the most is that it taught the kids to be methodical and to take responsibility for their own safety - clipping on and off the various platforms and cables.

There was a good opportunity for grandparents to watch and take photo's... and even for me as a parent it was great fun and a challenge (trying not to get left behind).

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Enjoyable adventure for the whole family. Great exercise and see views of Johannesburg like you never have before.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The thrill of a canopy tour without having to go all the way to Magliesburg. Different courses for different levels of bravery

1  Thank wearnek