“Book Ekala today, there is no one better”

Ekala Eco Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Johannesburg and surrounding area tours, specifically designed to offer choice and flexibility to suit your personal preferences and available time. Private Day Tours covering historical, cultural and wild life safaris. Allow us to share with you our love and knowledge of South Africa and leave you with a greater understanding of our unique environment, history and culture. All the ingredients for an amazing and informative tour for those looking for excellent service and something different.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Book Ekala today, there is no one better”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went on 2 tours with Ekala. The first around Johannesburg with Janet and the second to Soweto with Malcolm. They were both excellent. I am really glad that I read all the TripAdvisor reviews, and chose Ekala. The thing I was worried about when researching was safety, booking tours over the internet - but once you meet Janet & Malcolm, you know you are in the safest hands and there are no real safety issues anyway. Secondly, because I can be unwell some days, I worried that I wouldn't be able to do the whole tour & that would be a problem, but Ekala are so accommodating - the tours & itineraries are arranged around 'you', and your comfort & enjoyment is paramount - we finished 2 hours early on the second day, but that wasn't an issue. The couple are wonderful, so professional, fabulous company and with such an extraordinary depth of knowledge, I couldn't imagine better tour guides. If we return to Johannesburg, we will definitely arrange another outing, and I highly recommend anyone reading this to do the same. Believe all the wonderful TripAdvisor reviews because they are 100% correct. Ekala are fantastic. Email them now!

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Cheetah and Elephant Sanctuaries”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a trip with Ekala after reading many favorable reviews online and I was not disappointed. I was traveling alone and therefore appreciated the lovely company Janet provided. I would highly highly recommend booking any and all tours through Ekala.

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jo'burg day trip”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a very informative and enjoyable afternoon touring Jo'burg and visiting Nelson Mandela's house. Tour tailored to my requirements which were set by a short stopover at the airport, but much better than hanging around the airport. Ekala helped me with advice on what was possible, great communication by email at short notice and then Malcolm met me at the airport and added in a few extra stops on the tour and judged the whole timing very well. highly recommend

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Peter N
Palo Alto, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful 5 days with Ekala tours”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We traveled to Johannesburg the last week of January. My husband had business meetings every day, so I was on my own for 5 days. I did a lot of research and Ekala tours looked like the best fit for me. Communication over email was very efficient, so based on my preferences and their recommendations we put together a 5 day schedule.
On the first day Malcom showed me Johannesburg, Constitution Hill, the Apartheid Museum and Soweto. Malcom has incredible knowledge about Johannesburg's history and is very passionate about South Africa. He was great at giving me historical facts, but It was even more interesting to get his insight and personal view of many events (I told him, he should write a book).
During my stay Janeth, Malcom's wife, took me to Cradle of Humankind, Lesedi Cultural village, Lion Park, Dewildt Cheetah Sanctuary and Elephant Sanctuary. Janeth is truly passionate about wildlife and she has great knowledge about different species behaviors. They also took me to Pretoria and Cullinan diamond mine where we did an underground tour of the diamond mine.
Their enthusiasm is infectious, they truly care about presenting Johannesburg as a fast changing city filled with unbelievable history.
We are now planning a family trip, no business this time, we will be bringing our children along and we will be staying at their Guest house.
I absolutely recommend Ekala tours. You won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Torresi
Helsinki, Finland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Half day tour of Soweto and Johannesburg was excellent!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We arrived in Johannesburg many hours delayed from Istanbul, but Malcom was there to greet us and directly took us on an afternoon tour of Soweto and Johannesburg. We had less hours for the tour than we originally planned, but it was no problem because Malcom immediately thought of a plan B for us. Booking the tour was easy and it was worth its price. Malcom was an inspiring and knowledgabe guide, he made our short visit in Johannesbur more than a layouver, which it would have been without the tour. A big thank you to Macom. I can recommend Ekala Eco Tours for anyone who wants a reliable and well informed guide in the Johannesburg area!

Visited December 2012