Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
$136
$219
$203
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
$70
$67
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty barthatch roofantique furnituremandela squarelovely homebreakfast each morningquiet at nighthome away from homerooms are largestay there againnice poolnice breakfastmain buildingfelt safebeautiful gardenbeautiful hotelunderfloor heating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great atmosfere, quite place. Really nice furniture and facility. Excellent services provided by hotel´s employees. Hotel staff is able to do great recommendation in terms of restaurants, places to see etc. Only one area for improvement: Stability and performance of WiFi in all hotel´s places.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed one night here after a week in Madagascar on our way back to the US. We arrived late in the evening and had missed dinner, but Lucia arranged a driver to take us to a nearby restaurant and pick us up when we were finished. As we were not at all familiar with the area , this was a huge comfort.

I had the chance to chat with Lucia for a bit and she was very warm and accommodating. When I mentioned that our flight out of Jo-berg wasn't until 6:00 PM the next day she readily offered to let us stay in our rooms past checkout - I can't express how much we appreciated this, as we were preparing ourselves for a 17 hour flight home. Instead of sitting in the airport all day we were able to enjoy the grounds, rest in our rooms, and most importantly shower right before we left! Lucia also arranged a car (driven by the very lovely Nelson) to take us to the airport.

The rooms are lovely, and I had possibly the best shower of my life - not just because I was washing off the grime from Madagascar, but also because the showers themselves are amazing.

The breakfast offering in the morning was much nicer than your standard hotel buffet fare; delicious croissants and breads, real yogurt and yummy juices. My sister-in-law made use of the spa treatments offered and was very happy with them.

Overall we felt very safe and comfortable here, which is just what we wanted at this point in our trip. Lucia said to me several times, "welcome home!" and that is just what it felt like: home!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasmine W
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Lucia made our stay extra personal and special. Felt like we were well-looked after guests in someone's private home. An oasis and gem of Johannesburg!
Gunther also soothed my tired traveler bones with an incredible massage on property....just steps from my thatch-roofed room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
emmiesandton, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Gerard,

Thanks so much for your kind review! We are happy you enjoyed the service at Sandton Boutique Hotel and Lucia thanks you for your personal words. It is our pleasure to make our guests feel at home and to make them relax. A Gunther massage is just teh ticket after a long flight and we hope it did indeed rejuvenate you. We hope you will come back soon to enjoy Joburg!

Best wishes from a beautiful country which is celebrating the life of its Great Tata (Father), who passed away after a life of giving wisdom and leadership to this country and the world.

Emmie

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This Boutique Hotel is lovely to stay in on holiday as well as on business. Due to the warm and welcoming atmosphere I really felt at home. It has a large beautiful green and flowery garden where you can really relax. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast is great and the rooms are nicely decorated. It is centrally located to the Gautrain and Sandton City which makes it a perfect place to stay for going around in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marlon D
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had booked a conference room for a client function and paid a deposit about 2 weeks prior to the event to confirm and secure the booking. Three days before the start of the function the hotel called to say that they were giving the conference room to one of the hotel's regular clients - who needed the room on short notice. They didn't care that
1. I had a confirmed booking and paid a 50% deposit
2. invitations had already gone out to my function guests and they had RSVP'd
3. The Hotel's last minute cancellation could harm the reputation of my events company.

The Hotel wanted to move my function to a small, dingy, thatched loft without air conditioning, no projector or screen. Prior to making the booking, I visited the hotel and discussed my conferencing requirements with the hotel's management - I was shocked that they even tried to offer me the tiny loft as an alternative.

If you host events or client functions, be warned that this hotel is inclined to cancel your confirmed booking days before your event. The service is poor, unreliable and unprofessional.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
emmiesandton, Owner at Sandton Boutique Hotel - 28A on Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Ms P,

Sorry to see your review. Our manager called you to triy to discuss with you if she could offer you an alternative venue or even an upgrade, but unfortunatly, you did not deem it necessary to have a normal discussion with her. I also tried to call you twice, but you refused to take my calls, so we could not discuss the best solution. If you would have insisted on using that space, we would have asked our long term customer to use an other conference room. We refunded your money immediately when you cancelled the event by email, an hour after our phone call. Again, we are sorry to hear how you feel about the situation, but we believe that, in case of a rare situation like this, talking to the clients to come to a solution is the way to go: there is always a solution.

Again, our apologies and please note that we go for 100 % accommodating our guests. We hope you still had a nice event elsewhere.

Best wishes,