Lucky Bean Guesthouse
$265
$226
$206
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
$73
$69
  • Restaurant
$83
$53
Travelocity
All reviewsbars and restaurantsguest housesecret gardenwalking distancelovely gardena small swimming poolother guestsafter darktaxi servicesouth africaapartheid museumplace to staybreakfast was deliciousdefinitely stay here againhome away from homeeach morningsoweto tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was going back to Joburg after ten years away from the city and I was a) excited b) a little nervous about what I would find and c) busy so wanted a great place to relax and rejuvenate when I did get downtime. This guesthouse was PERFECT. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfasts are delicious, the location is amazing, walkable with a great strip for food and drink nearby. Most of all, the staff and owners took amazing care of me, making sure that anything I needed or wanted to know was ready for me immediately. They even keep the kitchen open at night in case you are craving juice or a beer.... I highly recommend staying here (also, as an FYI, the internet was excellent, good enough for crystal clear skype calls home).

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay a little more for a fancier room... but even the basic suites are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Perfect!
Breakfast - so delish!
Location - great, one of the few areas where you can walk around the neighborhood during the day!
Helpful - needed to extend my stay - wasn't a problem and everyone was so friendly
Fast reliable internet!

Stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent four nights at Lucky Bean and found it to be the perfect base from which to explore Jo'burg. The owner Conway was very helpful before we even arrived by email in suggesting which room would best suit our needs and what we should see and do in the city. Our room was large, nicely furnished, immaculately clean and complete with DSTV and the fastest Internet we have experienced in SA. Breakfast is good and Conway is on hand to answer any additional queries in the morning. There are a number of bars and restaurants within safe walking distance. Recommended.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights after a two week overland trip. Conway, Natasha and the staff were exceptionally friendly and looked after all our needs. Sorting out a full day trip to Soweto and arranging a pick up from the airport and great tips for joburg in general. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I chose Lucky Bean because it was close to where I was working, AND because the owner responded within minutes to my enquiry through an online booking service. It is a great little B&B. My room had a fantastic view towards the CBD and was well designed. The standing fan in the room was altogether too complicated though - you just need on/off/hi/low! The breakfast was great and relaxed and all the guests sit at the same table which I enjoyed. There is also a bookshelf with a great selection of books about the local area you could browse through. And considering Melville's tiny properties I was delighted to find there was secure parking! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business