“Good Convenient Hotel”

Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel
Ranked #14 of 298 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Little Tuscany Hotel in Johannesburg for 3 days from 11 Feb to 14 Feb 2013. The hotel is good, rooms are clean, a bit small but thats not a major issue. The hotel is also centrally located in the Bryanston area so good if you are attending meetings around this area of Johannesburg. The hotel also has a shuttle service to and from the office parks that are situated around the Bryanston area, which was quite convenient.
The hotel also has a very good restaurant and the food is very good. Also breakfast is included in the price for the room, so I found this quite good. All in all I would definately stay here again and would recommend the hotel to others. My only issue was that there was no Gym facilities at the hotel, but this is to be expected as this is a smaller boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Good the rooms further back from the main entrance of the hotel, as they should be quieter and you s...
1  Thank Rmwanga

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been here in the little Tuscany now for 2 weeks, with at least another 2 to go. You certainly cannot fault the rooms and certainly not the staff.
The food is excellant, I have never had a bad meal, although the menu is limited, what they do, they do very well. Of course, you also have the Montecasino complex pretty nearby, with its overwhelming choice of restaurants and eateries anyway!
However, it let's itself down with the internet connection in my opinion, I keep losing the wifi connection every few minutes, very frustrating.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I haven't had the pleasure of staying at Little Tuscany for a few years, but I am more than happy to say that the experience had improved during my absence. The provision of a shuttle to local businesses takes the hassle out of booking transfers and taxi's. What I like the most about Little Tuscany is that you can easily relax and unwind after a long day. It is like being on holiday even though you are visiting the area for business. It was great to see the bar area has been extended. Braai night is awesome. Staff are always friendly and helpful. The only thing missing is a gym area for those of us who like to get some exercise.

Room Tip: The rooms around the newer pool area and overlooking the car park/grassed area are very nice.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having now become a regular at Little Tuscany it is a pleasure to say that things are still very good. The restaurant menu has got even better and some of the rooms have been refurbed.

A great option in JHB for corporates and even families on weekends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here an proposed to my girlfriend here they upgraded our room to an executive suit because I told them my plan the staff were fantastic all so polite and woul go out of there way to help us the room was amazing we had a queen sized bed a lounge/ dining room and great bathroom. ( with the most amazing shower head ever ) I've stayed in many hotels all over the world and this by far is the best value for money it' was the best place to go for a weekend away break and I'm definitely coming back again soon.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I needed a venue to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with family and friends. It would require a substantial amount of accommodation as my family is all from out of town. From the very first interaction via their website, until the final settlement of costs and goodbyes, the staff at Little Tuscany went beyond just professionalism and courtesy. They were kind, accommodating, extremely generous. They gave us a perfect weekend that we will never forget, the food they supplied was sublime, the service always with a smile. Rooms were spacious and luxurious. All who stayed overnight with us felt that they could highly recommend this hotel too.

Room Tip: The suites are outstanding, rooms near the pool excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly my entire stay. The room was great for the low prize and the breakfast in the morning was good selection. The grounds are beautiful and calm and helps you relax after a busy day.

Things to improve, the wifi speed was a little slow and the last night of my stay a wedding was held at the venue, so there was constantly people around the room making a noise and the music in the background.

Will I go back for a second trip – definitely

Room Tip: Ask for a room opening up to the pool and garden.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business