“great for my office!”

Ranked #12 of 293 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Pattaya
“great for my office!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been here in the little Tuscany now for 2 weeks, with at least another 2 to go. You certainly cannot fault the rooms and certainly not the staff.
The food is excellant, I have never had a bad meal, although the menu is limited, what they do, they do very well. Of course, you also have the Montecasino complex pretty nearby, with its overwhelming choice of restaurants and eateries anyway!
However, it let's itself down with the internet connection in my opinion, I keep losing the wifi connection every few minutes, very frustrating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I haven't had the pleasure of staying at Little Tuscany for a few years, but I am more than happy to say that the experience had improved during my absence. The provision of a shuttle to local businesses takes the hassle out of booking transfers and taxi's. What I like the most about Little Tuscany is that you can easily relax and unwind after a long day. It is like being on holiday even though you are visiting the area for business. It was great to see the bar area has been extended. Braai night is awesome. Staff are always friendly and helpful. The only thing missing is a gym area for those of us who like to get some exercise.

Room Tip: The rooms around the newer pool area and overlooking the car park/grassed area are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cape town
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having now become a regular at Little Tuscany it is a pleasure to say that things are still very good. The restaurant menu has got even better and some of the rooms have been refurbed.

A great option in JHB for corporates and even families on weekends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here an proposed to my girlfriend here they upgraded our room to an executive suit because I told them my plan the staff were fantastic all so polite and woul go out of there way to help us the room was amazing we had a queen sized bed a lounge/ dining room and great bathroom. ( with the most amazing shower head ever ) I've stayed in many hotels all over the world and this by far is the best value for money it' was the best place to go for a weekend away break and I'm definitely coming back again soon.

• Stayed October 2012
Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I needed a venue to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with family and friends. It would require a substantial amount of accommodation as my family is all from out of town. From the very first interaction via their website, until the final settlement of costs and goodbyes, the staff at Little Tuscany went beyond just professionalism and courtesy. They were kind, accommodating, extremely generous. They gave us a perfect weekend that we will never forget, the food they supplied was sublime, the service always with a smile. Rooms were spacious and luxurious. All who stayed overnight with us felt that they could highly recommend this hotel too.

Room Tip: The suites are outstanding, rooms near the pool excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly my entire stay. The room was great for the low prize and the breakfast in the morning was good selection. The grounds are beautiful and calm and helps you relax after a busy day.

Things to improve, the wifi speed was a little slow and the last night of my stay a wedding was held at the venue, so there was constantly people around the room making a noise and the music in the background.

Will I go back for a second trip – definitely

Room Tip: Ask for a room opening up to the pool and garden.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here for a week. It was generally nice, and the breakfast was excellent, but there are a few shortcomings. I'll start with the good: The rooms were clean and generally comfortable. As mentioned earlier, the breakfast was very good (if you like an English breakfast). The locations is near a few businesses, and may be easy to be around to find a spot to eat, shop, work, etc.The staff were all very friendly, although the maid was a bit militant to clean my room at 10AM (after a night of long drinking, I did not want to get up - she insisted she had to clean the room now).

The bad: The rooms were basic and lacked details that make a place "nice" to stay in. I did not have heating in my room (a colleague had a heater in his room, but the bathroom window did not shut all the way - negating much of the heater). Like some other smaller B&B's the place is dead after dark, so if you want something (meal, drink, service) you may be out of luck. My power went out for a day, but I was moved in to a nicer room after several attempts to fix the lights failed.

Over all: Not a bad place to stay. I would say that if the location, price, and availability work out in your favor, go for it. Otherwise, you may be better off doing a little more homework on a place to stay in Joburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
The Residence Boutique Hotel
#14 of 68 in Johannesburg
Michelangelo Hotel
Michelangelo Hotel
#4 of 48 in Sandton

Been to Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!