“Best Value”

Ranked #56 of 291 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Phalaborwa
“Best Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

After staying in a few lodges/B&B''s that were really sub-standard, I was reluctant to stay in a lodge again. Our company booked me into Winchester Lodge for 3 nights and my first thoughts were that I hoped this lodge would at least be up to scratch. Well let me just put any prospective visitor's minds at ease because Winchester Lodge is absolutely superb, definately easily worth the star rating. My 'room' was just perfect. Spotless is an understatement. Comfortable to a tee with just all you need from coffe/tea (fresh milk), fridge, desk, beautiful bathroom, heating, stylish furniture and a great comfortable bed. The food is fantastic, the service is outstanding. It's a place of warmth and friendliness. Thank you Alan and your wife for being the perfect hosts, the great service, the great conversation and the great food. And another great big bonus are the rates. Unbeatable value in my book. I will be back as Arnie used to say...........

Room Tip: I stayed in room 10(double bed) and it was just fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alan_Sampson, Owner at Winchester Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Neil, thank you, so much, for your kind comments - you write such wonderful poetic pros, I reckon you should become a Travel Critic !
I'm also happy that we have, in some small way, restored your faith in the B&B and Guest Lodge industry. In future, if in doubt, consult Trip Adviser !
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope your new-found romance flourishes so that we can look forward to entertaining you both when you stay here again - on Honeymoon !
Kind Regards, Alan & Karren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had my best honeymoon with the help of Mr.Allan of Winchester Lodge...its been 5 months ago when we went there,the place was so nice, and also the staff the food are great and i love it.Our room is the best so clean, fresh and romantic hehehe.. everything you need they have it.The Pool area was great too.My hubby and i had a really fanatastic honeymoon, so im calling to those honeymooner's i highly recommend the winchester lodge for you to stay in Mr.Allan Sampson well be there for you to assist everything you want and to have a joyful stay.Just want to say thank you to all the people there at Wicnhester Lodge we do really feel lucky and it was incredible!!

Hope to be there again soon..

Thanks.

Jennifer- DUBAI -U.A.E

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JennyMohi
Valencia City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've just got back to Philippines after visiting my sister, who lives and works in Johannesburg. I found Winchester Lodge on the internet after searching for a 4-Star Guest Lodge within my budget range of 350.00 to 450.00 ZAR per night. On arrival at JHB airport, I was met by the owner, Alan, who couldn't do more to make me feel at home. He waited patiently while I exchanged some foreign currency and assisted me in obtaining a local cellular sim card. On arrival at the Lodge, I was welcomed with a bowl of fresh fruit and a variety of tasty sandwiches in my room which was well received after spending 18 hours travelling. My room was exquisite - far better than I expected and which had all the Bells and Whistles including a spa bath, giant flat-screen TV and panaramic views from 2 balconies. I spent 14 glorious days at the Winchester Lodge and will recomend it to anyone looking for a quality, well-managed establishment which is great value for money ! Emmerine Logramonte - Valencia, Philippines. Telephone [--]

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Karren L
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I was staying at the Lodge from the 15 December 2011 to 15 January 2012. I must say it was one of my best stays in the south of Johannesburg. The staff are very friendly and all ways there to help you if you need it. The owner of the place was great, if you needed something or need to go some were he would make a plan for you and never disappoint you at all.

The room was great everything you needed it had for you, fridge, lounge area to relax in and a fabulous shower I must say and the bed was so comfortable. The price was great as well for the room as the owner would you give you a good rate if you are staying a long period.

The breakfast was great just what you needed to start your morning off and the breakfast was a full English breakfast, with cereal , a good orange juice and one hell of a good cup of coffee. The dinners was great as well, the really went out to make you feel at home by them when having dinner.

The pool area was great, all ways crystal blue unless it rained and we all know what happens when it rains for a few days but after that it was crystal blue again, good area to braai or gas grill if needed by the lapa area that is there for you.

The Bar at the Winchester Lodge was fantastic, good drinks and good company at the bar and a really good price on all drinks.

Over all I must say, staying at Winchester Lodge from December 2011 to January 2012 was one hell of an experience and I recommended this place to any one if you want a good time or a romantic stay or just a peaceful stay.

Well I will definitely be staying here again soon , as it was just a great place to be about and such a good price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo