Hands On Retreat Craighall
Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$189
$164
Priceline
All reviewsfull body massagepicnic baskethand massagehot stone massagehigh teamillion milesrelaxing environmentrelaxing weekendunderfloor heatingenjoyed our stayspecial thanksbusy citybeautiful gardenguest househome away from hometherapistspa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Planning my trip at the last minute was rather stressful but once we arrived at Hands on Retreat I immediately felt relaxed and at peace. I could not believe that a place so tranquil would be in the middle of JHB. It felt like we were in another province and a million miles away from the nearest town.

The staff were very accommodating and friendly which was great and also allowed us to ease into our room rather well.

I am also pleased to say a big Thank you to Karin for been so flexible regarding our booking and the spa treatment which we needed the next day and not on arrival. The breakfast was lovely and I am very happy they could wait until after our spa treatment and gave no fuss of this.

All and all a splendid stay at Hands on Retreat. I will definitely be back and perhaps with the same person but not as friends this time. A great place to relax and let go of all the stresses in life and just have some fun and spark some romance back into ones love life.

Thank you to Karin and her staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
HandsOn_10, Manager at Hands On Retreat Craighall, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at our oasis in the city, it is always our pleasure to accommodate you in every way we can. We can't wait to have you back again, and perhaps next time you can book a romantic picnic for two with a love a letter kit. Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The grounds and rooms are very romantic, and totally unexpected for the middle of Sandton. The room had everything that you would need for a one night stay. I booked the room on very short notice, and was very happy they could help me, as I would not have been able to make use of the groupon voucher otherwise.

I was very pregnant, so could not experience the massage, but my husband had only good things to say about he's session. I did make use of the onsite hairdresser, who was wonderful. Breakfast was just enough, and all the staff very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HandsOn_10, Manager at Hands On Retreat Craighall, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for this fantastic review, we are so glad that we could accommodate you. Best of luck with your pregnancy, we hope to see you back here for the full experience when you need to unwind again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I and our couple friends booked for full body hot stone massages on Saturdays. The set up of the spa as you drive in is a bit shocking when you the gate opens up and you see the wendy houses which are the treatment rooms. Once inside the rooms it isnt so bad. there's a bit of ambiance. the towels looked like they've been used and didnt look fresh. the massage wasnt so great. the therapist couldnt maintain the same pressure and used far too much oil. Also she didnt spend much time on my back which I think its the vital point of a full body massage. The pics on the ad are misleading. Anyway I guess it was worth the money we paid as we bought it on groupon. However we will not be going back in a hurry.

1  Thank mantsho
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a very nice experience at Hands On Retreat from a groupon that I bought for my girlfriend's birthday.
Karin was extremely friendly and very helpful, and the staff that performed the treatments were the same.
The evening's dinner was brought to our room and was worth every cent. Which wasn't that much, as I believe their pricing is very reasonable.
The groupon voucher was very good value for money, and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking to get some R&R without travelling too far.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HandsOn_10, Manager at Hands On Retreat Craighall, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Time and time again, Hands On has proven to be the best place to have an intimate celebration with your loved one, and with the great voucher deals available, its also an absolute steal. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for this great review.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We enjoyed a night here to start off our trip to South Africa. We had a coupon for our stay so we also took advantage of the spa services with a relaxing neck and shoulder massage. The property is beautiful with lots of outdoor seating to enjoy the plants, wildlife and sunshine. The staff was all very kind and helpful and helped to arrange transport upon checkout.

• Stayed: September 2012
HandsOn_10, Manager at Hands On Retreat Craighall, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you on your next stay in South Africa. Thanks for this great review.