All reviews gautrain station mini gym shopping mall hotel entrance direct access business trip african craft market an iron restaurant staff kruger national park room service tambo airport shops and restaurants location is great safe location cape town short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We visited the Holiday Inn -Rosebank while on the second leg of our honeymoon in South Africa after a wonderful stay in Cape Town
We were received well by the receptionist Emily who upon request moved us to a room that was most suitable for my husband and I, unfortunately even after informing the hotel several weeks prior to our visit that we were on honeymoon we were informed that there are no complimentary perks offered to couples on honeymoon , apparently if we needed anything special provided to us we were supposed to pay for it
This was very different from the email we had received from management which clearly indicated that as long as you notify the hotel in advance that you're on honeymoon , then they arrange for your welcome to be slightly more special
Other than that the room was pretty clean but crockery was not cleaned well after use . On one occasion I found large brown marks on our freshly delivered towels and was rather appalled .
The receptionist Refiloe was very helpful to us and the dining area staff were pleasant too
Look forward to improved services at this hotel whose location is just perfect

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank zipporahm486
don j, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear zipporahm486

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on getting married !
We have placed extra attention on the areas mentioned to ensure that we improve further the product and the value added services we do offer. I will certainly also pass on your compliments to the staff who helped make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Friendly staff. Good and comfortable room. The breakfast was great with a good selection. No complaints. Nice view of sunrise. Walk to the Malls next door. Free parking in the basement. Or use the Gautrain to and from the airport

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ADRIAANV181
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

It's a bit on the pricey side, but the location is amazing, especially for myself being a solo female traveler. I felt very safe in and around the hotel.

There's is very awesome Mall pretty much attached to the hotel. Lots of stores, restaurants, and amenities like post office.

The hop-on and hop-off bus comes to this location. It's about a 20 or 30 minute drive from the International Airport when there are not any big traffic delays.

Rooms were super clean with air conditioning. Staff were very professional and nice. As well as accommodating.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Kazat3
Reviewed March 19, 2019

From day one when I came to holiday inn I was well directed by the security guard outside where to park my car and how to get inside the hotel. When I came inside I was welcome with a smile and a warm greeting from a lady called Tshepiso she’s very good at her job because on day 1 she managed to sale or sign me up to Holiday Inn Club card and told me all the benefits of the card. I must say that she's been the person when I needed anything I will go to her and ask her, she's always willing to assist and goes an extra mile that include Refiloe ,Lerato and Emily these ladies have made my stay to be absolutely wonderful. Noxolo she is a nice person but smiling is not her strong point the front desk requires a person who smile and also welcoming person and who smile maybe she is a back office or more training is need for her.

Tshepiso Rating 11/10
Refiloe, Emily and Lerato Rating 10/10
Noxolo Rating 6/10

At night I normally deal with Aubrey and Ben they are a wonderful and humble guys. When it's breakfast sis Memory who follows in her own because on the third day she already knew my Surname and room number she always smiling and joyful and keeps on checking on us if we are still happy with everything.
Memory 11/10
Aubrey, Ben 10/10

The kitchen staff or chefs they always cook the best food for the past 3 weeks staying here in Holiday Inn. I have never had any problem regarding the food it’s always delicious the chef are amazing people also and very friendly. When it came to waiters Innocent was my number one not because other are not good it just that he was always joyful and smiling and willing to strike a small conversation but all the waiters are very good. Maintenance department I was impressed by the 2 gentleman who come to my room in different occasions to fix some things. One department that needs improvement is cleaning department they general forget to replace the towel that they took then I have to call front desk for towels. On day of the days I come back early from my meetings around about 13:30pm the room was not cleaned it was not a nice experience to wait for my room to be cleaned because I wanted to sleep at that time. But overall they clean my rooms on time it was just one day out of 20 night I stayed at the hotel

Innocent 11/10 Best waiter
Waiter all of the 10/10
Chef 10/10
Maintenance 10/10
Cleaning department 8/10

I recommend Holiday inn Rosebank to everyone the hotel is connected to the mall and the are very nice place in Rosebank , When ever I'm in Johannesburg I will be using the Hotel.

Room tip: 3 Floor to was the best Floor must face the pool area beautiful view. Don't take the rooms facing the road
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
don j, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Dear MalusiX

What a great review - thank you so much for taking the time and effort to give us feedback is in so much detail !
The staff you have named will certainly receive due mention and praise. It is very inspiring for our staff to know that their efforts have resulted in great guest satisfaction.
We do hope to be able to welcoming you back to the same level of service.

Reviewed March 16, 2019

Located in Rosebank with a direct connection to the Mall, this is a well maintained and comfortable place. The staff are very kind and helpful to their customers.
I arrived quite early but they arranged for housekeeping to clean and prepare a room quite quickly.
Well done and much appreciated.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
don j, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Dear TangramUK

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the great feedback of your stay with us. Our team is very happy to hear that we exceeded expectation and we will certainly be making every effort to keeping up this standard of service.