Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank
54 on Bath(Johannesburg)
$199
$179
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$122
$85
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$185
$178
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$318
$302
Travelocity
$170
$166
  • Pool
All reviewsgautrain stationshopping mallpriced hotelbusiness tripdesk staffegg stationper daydirect accessan ironsmall gymkruger national parkafrican craft marketshops and restaurantslocation is greattambo airportbusiness hotelclose proximity
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was here for a work trip and really enjoyed being here. It is located next to a mall that you can basically get anything you need. Its safe and if you are suffering from jet lag its very comfortable. The food is good, the staff friendly, the small gym is good for early mornings...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Grateful thanks for your great review of our hotel and I was pleased that we were able to deliver service to your satisfaction. I shall be sharing your excellent comments with our team and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel. I was very pleased.

The room was large, modern and very comfortable with a perfect desk/work-station. The staff was always attentive & helpful.

Given the length of stay, my key criteria were a)Location (Perfectly met: next to Gautrain station; connected mall restaurant facilities; and more central than Sandton), b)On-site Gym (Yes, limited, but quite adequate), and c)Efficient, Complementary Internet (Very Good: all complaints in earlier posts to be discounted. The hotel now provides free 200Mb per day - as high as many telephone plans allow in a month; I never came close to the limit, even after 5 hours continuously online. In all 12 days there was only a single, temporary overnight interruption of service.)

Re Crown Plaza vs. HolidayInn, both in Rosebank?: Bottom line, if you like the hustle-and-bustle of a large hotel with drive-in entrance, and a lot of staff & busboy interaction, the Crown Plaza might be for you. But if you like to be left alone, in a quieter, more genteel (yes, defying stereotype) atmosphere, the HolidayInn may be better. It has a slick, somewhat boutique-like feel, having half the number of rooms of the CP. The HolidayInn location is superior in being 3 blocks closer to the Gautrain, and immediately leading into a shopping mall with a multitude of restaurants and facilities (CP is a block's street walk). The low-key street entrance (that might seem less impressive to guests),with elevator to elegant 2nd floor reception) is made up for by higher ceilings in corridors & rooms.

The breakfasts are everything you could wish for. The do-it-yourself 'Business-Center' (they supply the computers and printer, you just plug in your own USB) was perfect for my purposes (leave me alone to get my work done). The on-site, basement-parking is safe & convenient. The views (even from the floor right above reception) over Jakaranda'd JHB are lovely. The services are efficient (iron & board delivered promptly, laundry well-handled). The meeting-room facilities seem good for larger groups; but note that if you need a small (2-6) meeting space, the Hyatt right next door rents a very elegant one by the hour.

My only gripes would be: the room-safe cannot accomodate a standard 15.5" laptop. There is no reason a 2nd Vector station & barbell-set could not be accommodated in the gym (although I fortunately never ran into a conflict).

Overall, I'd give this hotel a 5, highest marks for its price/caliber category. I give it a 4 only to leave room for hotels with swankier ambitions (even though I might still choose this one over those).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Many thanks for your comprehensive review of our hotel and for the many compliments and positive aspects of your two week stay. I was delighted to learn of your positive experience and I shall be passing your good wishes on to our team. We do hope to be of service to you when you are next in Johannesburg and once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in detail.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Rosebank in Johannesburg many times, to the extent that i am now a Platinum member. I have written many favourable reviews on this site and on the iHG site.
Unfortunately I have to say that the hotel has gone backwards at a fast rate in the last 6 weeks. Some things can be overlooked as "one-offs" but there have just been to many "one-offs" to ignore. From broken doors, to broken window latches, to no towel in room to no tea in room to no soap in room...etc, in consecutive stays. Last night I checked in , only to find that the aircon doesn't work and when I open the window I get traffic noise all night ! No sleep. I reported the problem at 06h15 this morning but arrive back at 16h30 to be told that " Im sure it has been fixed". ...It had not been fixed followed by various utterances that "maintenance" is dealing with it until I got confirmation from a maintenance guy that it was a problem throughout all rooms and that the shopping centre was denying responsibility. Eventually they offered me another room with no aircon and more noisy ! as it is on a lower floor and near the central zircon...which makes noise but doesnt work!
iSo I now sit again with no aircon and a noisy street. No communication from anyone in management, even to their frequent guests...just denials from reception. I even tried to leave a comment on the IHG website that asks for a review after each stay. It wont accept a comment because their site wont accept a comment in advance of check out! I'm a Platinum Member. God help the rest !

3  Thank SamOLeary
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your review recentlyand at the outset I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the problem that you encountered with our hotel during your stay at our hotel.
Our aim is to provide all our guests with a seamless and memorable experience and regrettably this was not the case during your stay.
All of your comments, especially regarding housekeeping service have been noted and the appropriate action will be taken to remedy the areas requiring improvement. Our air conditioning did experience a major malfunction as a result of being in a mixed use development where services are shared with The Zone Shopping Centre and regrettably, the inappropriate action was taken by The Zone Management to rectify the issue timeously. Our sincere apologies that you were not informed of updates on the repair to air conditioning.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights while on a business trip. It was generally good, in a good location, right next to shops and restaurants. It is also walking distance to the African Craft Market, so those who are looking for souvenirs won't need to walk far. Hotel itself is comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable with selection of soft or firm pillows available. Breakfast selection was good, with changing selection of type of porridge, and also an egg station. Only downside to the hotel is the gym with not much equipment available and the machines there were quite noisy. Otherwise, I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your great review of our hotel during your recent stay. It was pleasing to note that you found our hotel comfortable and well located. Your comment regarding Gym equipment is noted for future rectification. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

ok, location is great, lots of restaurants etc nearby, and the gautrain is right next door.
The hotel is new and clean.
Staff very friendly and helpfull,
Breakfast for me good, egg station, nice selection of fruit etc, happy staff.
Stayed here 4 nights and will be more than happy to stay again.
Thanks guys

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I was pleased to learn of your great experience at our hotel, especially the comment realting to our team. Our location in Rosebank is a unique selling point with access to the Gautrain and several shoppingh malls and restaurants. We look forward to being of service to you in the future and again thank you for your patronage and great comments.