Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank
Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$189
$164
Priceline
All reviewsgautrain stationshopping mallpriced hoteloxford roadegg stationbusiness tripdesk staffper dayan ironsmall gymdirect accessafrican craft marketkruger national parkshops and restaurantslocation is greatdecent sizetambo airport
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My fiance and I were both nervous about him getting around Johannesburg and being able to find all that he needed to get a medical clearance for his American visa. However, the staff at the Holiday Inn - Rosebank did everything they could to help us. From giving directions, patiently answering all of my questions before booking, to going the the extra mile to make sure that my fiance was taken care during his entire stay, the staff exceeded my expectations.

Melissa is wonderful! She went above and beyond her role as a Guest Service Reprentative and made us feel taken care of. We owe our entire trip and ultimately the success of our visa to her and the rest of her staff who worked so hard to help us.

We will definitely stay here on all of our future trips to Johannesburg!

Thank you again!

Rachel and Tifi

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rachel f
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction in your recent stay at our hotel and in particular the mention of our employee "Melissa", who assisted you greatly in your logistical requirements in and around Johannesburg. Our intention is to create a memorable and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and it is gratifying to learn that we exceeded your expectations.
We do hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Solid, tourist-class property perfectly located for those who want to be in Rosebank or near the Gautrain. Because of its location at Rosebank's The Zone, there are lots of dining options (I highly recommend The Grillhouse, behind the Hyatt next door), plenty of shopping, and tons of security.

Staff at the Holiday Inn Rosebank were helpful enough and assisted in arranging a tour for me. Rooms were on the basic side but were new, clean, and comfortable. If you are staying in Rosebank and must have luxury, there is a Hyatt next door. If you want good value for what you spent, with excellent access to the Gautrain, Holiday Inn Rosebank is for you. I recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. Our location is certainly one of our features our guests consider when selecting a hotel to stay at in Rosebank. The convenience of The Zone shopping centre as well as access to The Gautrain have already made us the hotel of choice for the corporate market. It was pleasing to note that you found our hotel to be good value for money.
We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

For rates that are about 1/3 of the next-door Hyatt Regency I got a clean, comfortable room in this modern hotel.

Upon check-in I was immediately offered a free room upgrade (I'm a Priority Club member). The breakfast buffet was great, as was the customer service. There's 30MB of free Wi-Fi per device per day which is enough to check email and for a bit of web surfing. Asking for an extended check-out time (2pm) at the last minute was no problem at all and they were happy to hold my luggage for an extra day.

The entrance to the hotel is literally right across from Rosebank Gautrain Station (the station elevator at street level is probably less than 10 metres away) and the hotel is in the Zone shopping centre. It couldn't be more convenient.

This is now my go-to hotel when doing business in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew M
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, especially from one of our valued Priority Club Members. I was pleased to see that we were able to meet all your requirements, including the late departure and lugguge storage. Our location in terms of transport on The Gautrain is excellent and many of our loyal guests frequent that facility to avoid traffic and congestion problems on the roads. I am delighted to see we will become your favoured destination in Johannesburg and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for two nights on business from the 13 to 15th of October 2011. The staff at reception were morose and unfriendly despite us being Priority Club members, fortunately the manager was close by and he then handled the check in process. The room was lovely and modern, however the bed was small more a double than queen. Our room was on the fifth floor and quite noisy, I think the noise would be quite bad on a lower floor. The shower was quite powerful and lovely.
Breakfast was not part of the room rate and was charged separately, what a disappointment! Firstly the staff were very inattentive, and it took me quite long to get someone’s attention to even get a cup of coffee. The range of cereals was very poor and when I asked for soya milk they acted like they never heard of it, the manager was called and she was not apologetic, the hotel is next to a shopping centre, they could have sent someone to buy some soya milk, however upon ascertaining that I would be there for breakfast the next day she assured me that they would have it the next morning. The range of fruit looked good, but upon tasting the papaya it tasted quite strange. I then requested a soft boiled egg, to my disgust the egg was completely raw, and the white was not even opaque. The Asian section had some very stale looking fish and the dish of mustard had a hard film over it. The next morning we decided to have breakfast in the room, the coffee was cold and the soya milk was again a problem, the restaurant staff said that they had no record of anyone requesting it the previous day. So the manager did not even bother to get the soya milk despite her assurances to me. Guests would be better advised to have breakfast at the Rosebank Centre.
The bathroom did not have any shower caps, when I asked the housekeeping staff to get me one from housekeeping he assured me he would, but I only got the shower cap the next day after phoning housekeeping again. The room was poorly cleaned, not even vacuumed, shame!
Access to the shopping centre is secure and easy, pity about the staff, the hotel could have become our first choice in Johannesburg however poor staff and indifferent care ruined our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to note that we did not meet your expectations and I do sincerely apologise fro the areas where we have let you down. I can assure you that this is an isolated incident as we usually receive very good reviews from our guests, especially regarding our service and team at the hotel. The non supply of soya milk is not acceptable and will be dealt with immediately to avoid this from occuring in the future. Please be assured that your comments are taken in a very serious light and all of the issues raised by yourself will be rectified immediately. We do hope we can be of service to you in the future and sincerely hope that we can be given the opportunity to improve where we have let you down.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

the size of the room was big & bed very confortable

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Many thanks for your review and positive scoring of our hotel during your recent stay. Our location is indeed a valuable asset that most of our guests find convenient for their corporate travel. I was pleased to note the high value that you have placed on Quality of sleep and that we were able to meet and exceeed your requirements.
We do look forward to being of service to you in the future and welcoming you back to our hotel shortly.