Genesis All-Suite Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Sandton Park Hotel(Johannesburg)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewskosher foodself cateringfull kitchenshopping mallsecure parkingfree wifitambo airporteasy accesshotel is situatedgreat place to staycomfortable stayenjoyed my stayone night staysupermarketjewishnicosecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm an American, and of course in the US we are spoiled to the finer things in life, and I must say this place by far met all of my expectations. The only complaint.. I have, is my fiancee, and his son came to stay, and there was no face cloths. I had to go out, and purchase them. I really enjoyed my stay, it helped me bond more with my future husband and,son. I would love to purchase one of these apartments, for my home away from home..I love them!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lovemydeltaairlines
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of looking into supplying face cloths in our suites.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children that spent one night in the Genesis Suits. The apartment was very good and clean. Spacious rooms in a good location. However, the apart- hotel was located in a commercial mall in which teenager parties were held until very late at night. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay and rest before/ after a long flight, this is NOT the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Salvador_Campana
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

I was dismayed to read that you were disappointed with your stay overall due to a birthday party that was held at Genesis Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family in this regard.

We very much appreciate reading your comments, as it is only by receiving such information from valued Guests, such as yourself, that we are better able to see where we stand in certain areas and what improvements we can make.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Genesis Suites. Indeed, perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your next stay with us is a comfortable and enjoyable one again.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very good place to stay if You have a car available, do not rely on public transport.
For the price of an Hotel you can have a fully furnished suite.
Useful if you want to save many on restaurants ( you can cook by yourself) or relax after days in the bush ( as we did, we were coming from botswana).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your kind review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice while on business trips to Joburg and would use them again in the future.
This place is a bit different than your standard hotel. It's got its only little complex with essentially mini-apartments on top and a small shopping center on the bottom. You don't necessarily get the regular hotel services like breakfast but you have a full kitchen and you can eat at any of the small restaurants and cafes in the shopping center. The apt has a comfortable bedroom and then a separate living room / dining room area with a full kitchen and small office corner as well. The bathroom is divided into a sink/shower with one door and a toilet with another, so one person can be on the toilet and it won't disturb someone in the shower. The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint is the pillows on the bed which are oddly shaped and too firm for my taste.

Room Tip: There can be noise if the door to your apt is close to the elevators so request something further away if possible. I had an amazing view of sunrise each morning in a room on the left side as you exited the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Elisha O

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the pillows and will adress it with the Housekeeper.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely Self Catering Hotel that was clean, neat and striving for excellent service. The main ensuit has a open bathroom (no privacy if you are modest) with no seperation to the bedroom.The other bathroom was a little to small for comfort. The Hotel Staff were very friendly and obliging (top 2 staff were Hlope & Tutu].Staff and management went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The Deco of the apartments were stylish and modern, with your needs for a longer stay catered for. The rooms were also very warm due to the under floor heating. Ask for the north facing rooms in winter. Parking was in the basement, and security was seen all over the Hotel. In short, lovely place for a short stay in the city of gold.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MohamedRSA
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our Suites and Our Staff. We have passed your comments onto both Hlophe & Tutu.

Perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order for me to make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing.