“Buon posto”

Genesis All-Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very good place to stay if You have a car available, do not rely on public transport.
For the price of an Hotel you can have a fully furnished suite.
Useful if you want to save many on restaurants ( you can cook by yourself) or relax after days in the bush ( as we did, we were coming from botswana).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your kind review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice while on business trips to Joburg and would use them again in the future.
This place is a bit different than your standard hotel. It's got its only little complex with essentially mini-apartments on top and a small shopping center on the bottom. You don't necessarily get the regular hotel services like breakfast but you have a full kitchen and you can eat at any of the small restaurants and cafes in the shopping center. The apt has a comfortable bedroom and then a separate living room / dining room area with a full kitchen and small office corner as well. The bathroom is divided into a sink/shower with one door and a toilet with another, so one person can be on the toilet and it won't disturb someone in the shower. The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint is the pillows on the bed which are oddly shaped and too firm for my taste.

Room Tip: There can be noise if the door to your apt is close to the elevators so request something further aw...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Elisha O

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review of Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the pillows and will adress it with the Housekeeper.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely Self Catering Hotel that was clean, neat and striving for excellent service. The main ensuit has a open bathroom (no privacy if you are modest) with no seperation to the bedroom.The other bathroom was a little to small for comfort. The Hotel Staff were very friendly and obliging (top 2 staff were Hlope & Tutu].Staff and management went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The Deco of the apartments were stylish and modern, with your needs for a longer stay catered for. The rooms were also very warm due to the under floor heating. Ask for the north facing rooms in winter. Parking was in the basement, and security was seen all over the Hotel. In short, lovely place for a short stay in the city of gold.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MohamedRSA
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our Suites and Our Staff. We have passed your comments onto both Hlophe & Tutu.

Perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order for me to make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in one bedroom apartments on several occasions. It has all the facilities for comfort: microwave, fridge/freezer, tv, hi-fi, desk, kitchen utensils, crockery, teas/beers/wine, good lighting and a balcony. Separate bedroom, bathroom and WC are all stylish and modern and the built in wardrobe contain lots of hanging and shelving space. Light and airy, clean and secure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

My team and I were delighted to have read your comments and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I must confess, I had an exciting and wonderful stay at the hotel. Their bedrooms are very neat and the interior design is so lovely, I will definitely be back. One guy at the reception called Hlophe , I hope I got the name right. Lol was very nice to me . I will recommend this hotel to every first traveller to South Africa , the neighborhood is very secured and guarded 24/7 by security guards. Above all I love this place because of the privacy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as it is the goal of our team here at Genesis Suites & Conferencing to try and make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing. Perhaps when planning your next visit to South Africa, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is again as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during September 2012 for a period of 12 days while visiting a friend of mine. And it was a genuinely great experience.

The staff were very friendly. And a special mention to Larry the restaurant manager who went out of his way with providing a 5* level of hospitality. During my stay there I only had breakfast in the hotel as I was out most of the day, and I certainly did love it. Service in the restaurant was prompt and efficient. They were also kind enough to let me sit and use the wifi.
Check in was nothing but a breeze and similarly was check out.

The rooms were spectacular, comfortable and I had one of the outer rooms, so it had a lovely view of the mountains in the distance. The beds were comfortable and bathrooms were nice. Rooms were cleaned to high standards every day and that too added to the comfort of my stay. Tea and coffee was available in a well equipped kitchen. Unfortunately I stayed during a period where the supermarket was not yet functional. But the location of The Genesis within a complex that now houses a supermarket definitely adds to the convenience of amenities located within a very close distance.

They say a first impression speaks a lot, and I was left in awe with the hotel and more importantly the city.

I would recommend this hotel without a doubt, even if you have activities to do in Sandton.

Looking forward to my next stay here when I do visit Johannesburg again.

Cheers

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

We pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have forwarded your comments on to Larry and his team at the Fairmount Bar & Grill.

We look forward welcoming you back to Genesis Suites.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A lovely clean modern hotel. The only complaint is the noise/echo heard early mornings during our 2 week stay which made sleeping in rather difficult as the bedroom windows face the inside. Aircon would have been nice too. Really lovely in all other aspects.

• Stayed: April 2013
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to inform us on the issues you experienced during your stay here at Genesis Suites.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We very much appreciate your comments, as it is only by receiving such information from valued Guests, such as yourself, that we are better able to see where we stand in certain areas and what improvements we can make to further satisfy any requirements that you may have.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites. Indeed, perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.