“Value for money apartments” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Genesis All-Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Johannesburg
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Value for money apartments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely Self Catering Hotel that was clean, neat and striving for excellent service. The main ensuit has a open bathroom (no privacy if you are modest) with no seperation to the bedroom.The other bathroom was a little to small for comfort. The Hotel Staff were very friendly and obliging (top 2 staff were Hlope & Tutu].Staff and management went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The Deco of the apartments were stylish and modern, with your needs for a longer stay catered for. The rooms were also very warm due to the under floor heating. Ask for the north facing rooms in winter. Parking was in the basement, and security was seen all over the Hotel. In short, lovely place for a short stay in the city of gold.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MohamedRSA
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our Suites and Our Staff. We have passed your comments onto both Hlophe & Tutu.

Perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order for me to make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing.

Nico Steenkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in one bedroom apartments on several occasions. It has all the facilities for comfort: microwave, fridge/freezer, tv, hi-fi, desk, kitchen utensils, crockery, teas/beers/wine, good lighting and a balcony. Separate bedroom, bathroom and WC are all stylish and modern and the built in wardrobe contain lots of hanging and shelving space. Light and airy, clean and secure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

My team and I were delighted to have read your comments and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I must confess, I had an exciting and wonderful stay at the hotel. Their bedrooms are very neat and the interior design is so lovely, I will definitely be back. One guy at the reception called Hlophe , I hope I got the name right. Lol was very nice to me . I will recommend this hotel to every first traveller to South Africa , the neighborhood is very secured and guarded 24/7 by security guards. Above all I love this place because of the privacy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as it is the goal of our team here at Genesis Suites & Conferencing to try and make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites & Conferencing. Perhaps when planning your next visit to South Africa, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is again as comfortable and as enjoyable as your first one was.

Yours sincerely,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during September 2012 for a period of 12 days while visiting a friend of mine. And it was a genuinely great experience.

The staff were very friendly. And a special mention to Larry the restaurant manager who went out of his way with providing a 5* level of hospitality. During my stay there I only had breakfast in the hotel as I was out most of the day, and I certainly did love it. Service in the restaurant was prompt and efficient. They were also kind enough to let me sit and use the wifi.
Check in was nothing but a breeze and similarly was check out.

The rooms were spectacular, comfortable and I had one of the outer rooms, so it had a lovely view of the mountains in the distance. The beds were comfortable and bathrooms were nice. Rooms were cleaned to high standards every day and that too added to the comfort of my stay. Tea and coffee was available in a well equipped kitchen. Unfortunately I stayed during a period where the supermarket was not yet functional. But the location of The Genesis within a complex that now houses a supermarket definitely adds to the convenience of amenities located within a very close distance.

They say a first impression speaks a lot, and I was left in awe with the hotel and more importantly the city.

I would recommend this hotel without a doubt, even if you have activities to do in Sandton.

Looking forward to my next stay here when I do visit Johannesburg again.

Cheers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

We pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have forwarded your comments on to Larry and his team at the Fairmount Bar & Grill.

We look forward welcoming you back to Genesis Suites.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

A lovely clean modern hotel. The only complaint is the noise/echo heard early mornings during our 2 week stay which made sleeping in rather difficult as the bedroom windows face the inside. Aircon would have been nice too. Really lovely in all other aspects.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to inform us on the issues you experienced during your stay here at Genesis Suites.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We very much appreciate your comments, as it is only by receiving such information from valued Guests, such as yourself, that we are better able to see where we stand in certain areas and what improvements we can make to further satisfy any requirements that you may have.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites. Indeed, perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently stayed at the Genesis for 10 days. An ideal stay for those who have family nearby, and those visiting may need a car to get to places like Sandton and Rosebank. The modern apartments have fully equipped kitchens, great living areas, balconies and secure parking. The staff are fantastic and go the extra mile at all times. There's a great supermarket in the complex for everything you need. The only if is the in room wi fi which is slow, but there is free Wi Fi in the cafe downstairs that serves a great coffee. A great stay, great value and great service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Yours Sincerely,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

stayed at this hotel in march for a week. Amazing rooms with everything that you need from washing machine to toaster. The hotel is a bit far from everything we had a hire a car in order for us to get around. Its about 20 minutes drive to sandton. There is also a jewish supermarket closer to the hotel which was handy. The hotel staff were brilliant apart from one day staff receptionist (Tutu) who had a terrible attitude and very unhelpful.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to review us on Tripadvisor regarding the service issues that you experienced during your stay here at Genesis Suites.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard, I can assure you that this is certainly not indicative of our usual high standard of service and I have addressed your comments personally with my Front Office Manager.

Yours Sincerely,