“Very comfortable stay at an excellent price”
Review of Kingsway B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Kingsway B&B
Ranked #190 of 305 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Usually I don't care about the star ratings as they can be misleading more often than my liking. But this B&B proved to be a perfect accommodation on all counts. Beautiful gardens, extremely cozy rooms, and the biggest plus - The personal attention the owner gives to all the guests. In addition to that, when I consider the price range, it is probably one of the best value for money B&B in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After reading the other reviews I had to check again to see if this was the same establishment! Perhaps I was given a bad room but, based on my experience, I can but wonder how Kingsway earned the TGCSA four star rating they claim to have. The missing light fitting; tiles that have fallen off the wall and a tiny bathroom would not have passed a 3 star grading never mind 4.

They are inded conveniently located near Rivonia Road in Sandton and close to the highways. I stayed in room 2, more of a basement - the room had poor lighting with two lamps that weren't working; a broken door lock and blinds that couldn't be adjusted. I found myself checking their rating certificates which are displayed on the wall and was unable to find one that was currently valid, the latest one on view expired in 2012.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had stayed at this location (http://www.kingswaybandb.co.za) for 6 days from 25-May-2013 to 31-May-2013. The owner always kept on inquiring about the comfort and extended all the possible help from their end. I am a pure vegetarian and they always maintained a very good comfort and food for me in the breakfast. A day in advance they use to come and ask for the next day breakfast timings - I had to travel to site and so had to get the breakfast by 6:30 AM. The rooms are well maintained with other facilities like internet, LED, Disc TV, Room Heater, table, etc., The electrical plugs in SA are different from India - they shared with me their Laptop charger. The replenishment of tea / coffee/ fruits / water was always done before I had to demand. The best thing is the swimming pool with a pool side bar. They are masters in providing SPA services (http://www.kingswayspa.co.za) - all based on herbal - Best suggestion to stay at Kingsway B&B and enjoy the Spa

Room Tip: I stayed in room no. 4 - please try to get the same one - you have the whole view