Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$185
$174
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbutcher blockfresh restaurantnorth towertravel deskihg memberbusiness loungebusiness hotelclub loungeroom servicegautrain stationrain showerbreakfast buffetbusiness triphousekeeping staffmodern hotelrooms are comfortableshopping mall
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have spent 9 nights in the hotel in total at various times while travelling for business and the experience is not one I relish. Both the room service and restaurant menu are extremely limited and unimaginative, and the food bland and uninspiring. It should also be noted that there are barely any vegetarian options on either menu. The design of the bathrooms is such that water sprays all over the floor from the shower, and similarly from the basin. That said: the location is wonderful, very close to Rosebank mall and the Gautrain station, the staff are helpful and friendly, and the breakfast buffet is very good!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPJ, Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Kylie557,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your helpful observations with the Tripadvisor readers.

We welcome your view regarding the range we offer on our menu and also our food quality. We can therefore assure you that we will look into your concerns and that we have brought it to our Executive Chef attention. Our maintenance team will also look into your feedback on the topic of the water spillage when the shower is being used.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A reservation fee of R 11 k was made from my visa card representing a 1 week fee for my stay. On checking out I was made to reswipe my card foor 8 k but instead of charging the 8 k from the 11 k that was already reserved they charged an additional 8 k without me knowin. so they charged a total of 19 k thus emptying my bank account. After dining at a restauran with family I was shocked to see my payment being declined on payment. My bank account was empty and I didnt know why and I didnt have cash. I had to make alternate arrangement to get money and after an enquiry at the bank I discovered that it was the hotels responsbility. I had to go back to drive back to the hotel and tried to explain the problem before I could get a reverse of my money..Another incident was a wrong tag placed at breakfast for vegetable stir fry which contained beef. I am a vegetarian and I consumed beef thinkg that was soya. This is such a grave mstake and I was only greeted by a mere sorry from the manager. How pathetic..
I am an SA public servant and on trip for the DEpt health. In October last year i paid a fee of 950 per night and after 3 months I was there for the same company and showed the the same letters and my payment was 1500 per night?? It just doesnt make sense..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tavish11
Guest_Relations_CPJ, Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Tavish11,
We would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We were most concerned to learn of the events during your with us. It is unfortunate that we are unable to do proper investigation due to the limited information supplied on Tripadvisor.
Guest feedback forms a vital part of our business and the input we receive from our guests is imperative for us to ensure that your expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments we would never know whether you leave our establishment completely satisfied and most importantly leave disappointed and dissatisfied!

If at all possible we would appreciate a more detailed feedback in order to address your concerns related to the credit card charge and to your rate.

Salmaan Losper – Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here in Nov 2011 and were very happy with our stay here. The location was very good and close to the shopping malls and good food options around the mall. The rooms were very comfortable and nice and I am told that this is a good location to be in Johannesburg.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to people.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It’s very much appreciated!
I am delighted to receive your commendations on your experience at our hotel and to hear that our team has lived up to the promise by providing you with genuine and true hospitality.
I hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Allan Clingham – General Manager

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Unfortunately I only stayed one night. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The only gripe I have is that all of the power points in the room were of the South African variety and that wasn’t catered for by the converter I carry with me. I found the hotel in Durban did offer at least one other plug configuration. Regardless the rooms were clean and comfortable.
The food was very good both at restaurant for lunch and dinner and also the breakfast room. A very good selection of dishes that should cater to most tastes was available.
This was our first time to Jo'burg so we found the guys at the travel desk very helpful. Considering some of the horror stories I've heard about taxis in S.A. I think it's well worth using them.
In general all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPJ, Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear China_Frequently,

What wonderful feedback.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your great comments with the Tripadvisor folks.

We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the power plugs in our bedrooms that does not cater for international plugs. Please note that we do keep some international adapters at our front desk that is available to guests that require international adapters.

We hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent one night at the Crowne Plaza en route to Australia. Friendly and efficient staff. Room size was good with comfortable king size bed and nice view although the bathroom is very small and towels quite threadbare. Great variety breakfast and efficient service. Did not use the gym or business centre.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_CPJ, Manager at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear terrydavidson,

Thank you for taking some time out of your day to post some feedback on Trip Advisor regarding our hotel it is much appreciated.

We are so pleased to read that you had a great time with us, your message has been shared with the team and we are most thankful, it really makes us happy to see that we have created and left you with some great memories of our hotel.

We trust to see you again soon!