“Shabby-Chic”

Add it.
Gin
Ranked #888 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I Love Gin, but it gets busy and isn't for everyone. The drinks are well priced.

Instead of going to the bar, we get one of the waiters to bring the drinks to us, you just have to find them and they will bring it to you. They also take any card which is quite convenient.

This isn't a fancy place, not for sophisticated clubbing, anything goes here.

There are newer reviews for Gin

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A very casual and fun atmosphere. Nice for a chilled drink in the afternoon, but can turn into a big party at night.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Gin has been around for ages and forms quite an integral part of the Linden nightlife. It's a great place for a party, although the only problem I have with the venue is that of a space issue. Like most of the clubs on "the strip" in this vibrant and busy area, Gin is very small and offers very limited seating arrangements. It's also a tad bit on the pricey side, which might turn people off. However, it offers a vibrant atmosphere and intimate setting to converse with friends, whilst having a blast. Take a chance and swing past for a visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went to Gin with some friends for a bachelorette mid December 2012. It was busy that night but not as busy as other nights due to the festive season but the service was appalling! I waited for more than half an hour at the bar while most of that time there was only one barman. It was also extremely frustrating to watch the slow pace the barmen were working at. I wanted to almost crawl over the bar and pour my own drinks.

This is the second time I have been to Gin and both times I have sworn to never go there again!! I honestly don't know how they are still in business. They are a disgrace to the other bars in Greenside like The Office and Tokyo Star.

1  Thank Daniela M
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rickity venue with nice grungy charm, but completely ignore smoking regulations. I can not recommend it.

2  Thank Pieter P