See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The overall experience of hosting a conference (as well as international guests in the accommodation) was superb. The staff was friendly, patient, approachable and always helpful. The conference ran smoothly and was aided by the great venues and beautiful outdoor spaces. The conference was about societal innovation and Garden Place provides the environment for innovation to flourish. The food and coffee/tea was good and always on time. The location was convenient and near the highway. The shuttle service was very reliable.The great working relationship that was established with the staff allowed for easy communication and therefore very little stress was experienced over the week. The only hassle was the parking but it was secure for those driving. It was a fantastic week.

Room tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Jenna_Segal
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed in Garden Place for a month, we chose self-catering because we were staying longer term, and we got to feel quite at home there. The owner is kind and helpful, the staff are ALL really friendly and professional and nothing is too much trouble. A great plus is that there is a free shuttle bus provided with driver Abbe, who took me anywhere I needed to go so I didn't have to spend a fortune on taxis. Our house was kept spotless by the always smiling Betty. It is also excellent for kids as lots of space and absolutely safe. You will like being here, sit under a tree and listen to the birds - you may not want to leave!

Room tip: Self-catering is great value and you can still use the restaurant if you don't feel like cooking
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank nothangingabout
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location is in a very easily accessible area in a quiet and beautiful garden atmosphere. The charming accommodation definitely added to our welcome and most enjoyable stay.
Besides the very friendly and hospitable staff, this is a very quaint place. My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend it.
Harold & Marta, Toronto, Canada

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank 40Hatika39
Reviewed August 20, 2013

For the last 10 years I have spent 40% of my time in an overnight accommodation be it a hotel, guest house etc.

I can honestly say that Garden Place is my home away from home where I get better treatment than what my wife can ever hope to offer.
Overall ranking food - great, people exceptional and friendly, the venue is fantastic you will never know that you are in Joburg with the scenic garden that you are offered with as well as the rooms what a delight !!!

I would recommend Garden Place to any person, and will come back for another stay.

Thank you Garden Place for taking care of me and for re establishing my trust in overnight accommodation you really are in a league of your own.

Room tip: Rooms on the right top side are a bit more secluded but they all are great, I have slept in all of their rooms and generally all of them do have their own little personality.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Martin F
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I loved garden Place the value was exceptional the owner made sure we had special food delivered every day as one of our group was allergic to wheat and milk.we were treated like royalty at a fraction of the cost of a 5star hotel I would go back at a moments notice. The rooms were large and the kitchen was perfect for our needs. The swimming pool was large and clean what a great hotel

Date of stay: March 2011