“Another excellent stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Cotswold Gardens Guest House
Ranked #5 of 291 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Another excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Always when I go to Joburg, I like to stay at Cotswold Gardens. Clean, comfortable, excelente breakfast, excelente location, very nice staff. Its a B&B with a family touch.... This time Janine helped me out with a game lodge in the Kruger área. What an experience!! She has some wonderful tips on where to go and makes sure you are very well taken care of.
This is my second home!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much Daniel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us again. I am also so pleased you enjoyed my recommendation to the game park and the lodge. See you again soon. Regards
Janine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We recently stayed a second time at this great guest house after our first visit last year. Once again, we found everything to be delightful, especially the warm hospitality of host Janine Hobbs. The rooms are comfortable, the staff professional and friendly, the grounds gorgeous and the breakfast delicious. We happily give Cotswold Gardens Guest House our strongest recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Tom thank you so much for another fabulous review. It was so good to see you both again and hope that this visit will be another one of many to come. Warm regards Janine
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Recent my I spent one night at cotswold cottage. The house is simply gorgeous, very tranquil though homey with a lovely garden. The host, Janine went out of her way to pick me up AND drop me off at the Rosebank station to save me a 1 km walk with heavy suitcases!! The room was lovely, though a little on the hilly side. But she took extra effort to keep the room heated and with an electric blanket. She is truly a wonderful host and I would love to go back to her place once again!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review. Hope to see you here again in the not too distant future.
Best regards Janine
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. Wonderful garden with birds, nice rooms and excellent service from a wonderful host! Nothing was too much trouble and for two foreigners visiting Joburg, we really appreaciated it. Thank you both for making us fell welcome! And thank you for your patience :-) see you soon!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Best regards Janine
south africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently spent almost 2 weeks at CG and had an extremely comfortable stay there. It's in a safe residential area with inside parking - and just a few blocks away from the Rosebank Mall and the Gautrain. Since I was on my own in a strange city, this was all very useful.

I really enjoyed the generous space of the suite - which is very private, away from the main house - yet still close enough to feel a part of the establishment and to enjoy the beauty of the gardens. At the end of my busy day I would come back in the evening to CG to find the room made cosy by underfloor heating - and lights on to welcome me back. These are the touches that make CG a special place.

Although the suite is self-catering I did take the option to have breakfast in the guest-house every day - and what a wonderful start to the day it was! The service given by Aaron and Mathias was excellent. Janine is extremely professional, friendly - without being intrusive - and willing to help in any way possible.

And by the way - I was given a discount for an extended stay - without expecting or asking for it.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the suite - good for a long stay if you like to spread yourself out - loads of cupb...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank immels
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review of CG. I am so pleased we could help make your stay so comfortable during this trying time. All the very best to you, regards Janine.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay. It's perfectly located in the heart of leafy Johannesburg. The gardens are idyllic, the rooms luxurious and homely, filled with creative and quirky art. The breakfasts are delicious. Service is attentive and personal. Nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review. It was truly great to see you both again and we hope you'll be back soon. Warm regards Janine
Mbabane, Swaziland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very nice, either for holiday or short term. Close to Gautrain and convenient.
Breakfast was very good and the place is immaculate.
I stayed for 4 weeks and was very comfortable. I had to change rooms so I had the best of 2 different rooms.

Room Tip: Very Very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Warm regards Janine