“Wonderful Stay”

Cotswold Gardens Guest House
Ranked #8 of 298 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here with my sister when our travel plans coincided for a couple of days. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Johannesburg. Perfect location, walking distance to Rosebank Mall. Owners are very knowledgeable about the area and very helpful for booking tours, taxis, and really anything you could need. They connected us to an art tour of the city and found us reliable taxi drivers to take us here and there. Heated floor and heated blankets are wonderful in the winter! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Andrea thank you so very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted you and your sister enjoyed your stay at Cotswold Gardens and we hope to see you again when you come down to South africa.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been staying at Cotswold for at least 8 years now and have to recommend this guest house very highly. Very efficient staff and wonderful suites and rooms. Great owners Mike and Janine who make u feel like family and are so helpful on every level. I travel all over RSA on business and this is one of my very best guest houses.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Tony, thank you so much for your lovely review. We hope to continue to give you the good service that we strive for and look forward to seeing you again soon. Best regards Janine

Reviewed April 23, 2013

What a lovely central location! This was a business trip and I have recently been trying out various B&B's as I do not like hotels. This is close to business, malls, restaurants, gyms etc. but it still feels like a lovely garden retreat. Excellent service & breakfasts, friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Sonja, thank you. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at CG so much. It was lovely to meet you and I hope to see you again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Cotswold Gardens while on a business trip to Johannesburg and I couldn't have asked for better service. Janine and her team really are so welcoming. By far the nicest breakfasts that I've had while travelling. I highly recommend staying here, ample off-street parking, lovely environment, great location and by far the greatest thing about it, the people.

Room Tip: Try the bacon, mushroom and cheese omelette - amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of CG. I am delighted you enjoyed staying with us and do hope you will be coming our way again soon. Warm regards Janine

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I loved my stay in Cotswold Gardens. Everything I could've wished for and more. Spotlessly clean, comfortable, and tasteful decor. Set in beautiful gardens, this is a peaceful and picturesque haven in the middle of a busy city. Janine and her husband went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, even to the extent of giving over the counter medications for those minor ailments. Breakfast was delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Cotswold Gardens or recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

What a super review Desi. I am ever grateful that you wrote such a glowing report on your stay and I do hope you will return to CG soon. Best regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I only needed a few nights to be near Parktown on business during my recent stay. I'm so glad my South African colleague arranged for us to stay at Cotswold Gardens instead of a 'box' hotel. We were able to enjoy a neighborhood setting with the most wonderful hosts. Strangely, I had a bout of hay fever when I arrived and on the spot Janine helped me with a few remedies until I could get to a pharmacy. That is more than hosting; it is caring! Even when I learned I would need an extra night, they were so accommodating. Not that I get to Jo'burg often, but when I do, I will be sure to make this my first choice.

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall is larger...with a nice size bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Keri thank you so much for this lovely review of CG. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to SA again in the not too distant future. Best regards Janine

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Cotswold Gardens is my favorite place to stay when I go to Jhb and very often I am disappointed because it is booked up and I left my booking to the last minute - not surprising as it is an amazing place to stay - the service is excellent and the hosts friendly and caring - I even got a complimentary bowl of soup when I was feeling under the weather

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much Mary-Jo, your review is terrific and I am so glad you enjoy staying here. Hope to see you soon again. Best regards