“Our BnB of choice in Johannesburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Cotswold Gardens Guest House
Ranked #7 of 299 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Janine is a gracious host with a beautiful BnB. The rooms are so welcoming and comfortable with quality finishes. Underfloor heating and electric blankets are an absolute treat in Joburg's cold winters, and the lush leafy garden makes for a tranquil stay. The breakfasts are delicious, and I must make special mention of the fruit salad - we always look forward to it! My team and I are often in Joburg for work functions, and we always stay at Cotswold Gardens and can definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Bridget, thank you so very much for your lovely review, we value your opinion as you are so often guests of ours.

There are newer reviews for Cotswold Gardens Guest House

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Out of everything nice about the place the best I'd say is the owner. What a lovely person!!!! She is so nice. You can see she is not doing it for money, she just loves taking care of people. From secunda to this place is like coming to paradise. Everything is just spot on!!! And heated floors, wow. Am lost for words. Its even close to nice places like rosebank mall, killarney, zoo lake, the goodman galery(lol) and sandton to name a few. I loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank travelaah
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I really appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at Cotswold Gardens and we look forward to your next visit to JHB.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I loved staying at Cotswold Gardens! It’s everything and MUCH more than they advertise. It’s got both a homely, welcoming feel at the same time also exhibiting picturesque charm and style. I travel a lot and this seriously is the perfect place to stay… away from the crowds and noise…. But close enough to the hustle and bustle if you walk around the corner to Rosebank shopping area!

My bedroom was a generously spacious, immaculately clean ensuite room that looked like it had been plucked from the page of a ‘home magazine’… and had an added garden feature as the stately open windows overlooked a luscious all-in-bloom ‘gardenette’. Each room seemed to have their own pocket of garden which was beautifully manicured. It was obvious that a lot of thought had gone into creating not only the overall ‘look’ but the ensemble ambience of room and view together.

The staff were great! …Always with big smiles on their faces. The hostess Janine (and host Michael) were always there to help, advise and also (if you wanted) to engage in wonderful discussions. They are truly the ‘real-deal’ hosts you would expect a top guest house to have.

I will be going back to South Africa in a year or two… and look so forward to staying there again. As I mentioned, I travel a lot, so have seen the good and the bad of accommodation… and Cotswold Gardens Guest House in Saxonwold is surely one of the finest guest houses I’ve stayed at!!

Sharon Lynne (Tevet)
Gold Coast
Australia

Room Tip: Each room is different... but all are gorgeous! They are all quiet... and if you go in winter... the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon_Lynne_Tevet
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Sharon, very sincere thanks for an absolutely overwhelming review that you have written about Cotswold Gardens. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here so much and I look forward to seeing you again next year. Again many many thanks. Janine

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Thank you so much for the perfect stay - the peace and tranquility is amazing for the centre of Joburg. The guest house is a safe and welcoming environment for a woman on her own.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms during my stay and both were comfortable with nice beds and linen.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Yvonne, thank you so much, what a wonderful review. Hope to see you again, but in the meantime, I wish you all the best for a superb "new you" future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am not a girl who gets out a lot. I am from Bloemfontein and was very scared to go to JHB. Janine helped me in any way she could and I appreciate her friendly assistance. The staff and management was very professional. The room was very clean and a warm welcome to any stranger. If I have to go to JHB again I would definitely stay there again. Thank you! Yolandi

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Yolandi, thank you so much for writing a wonderful reveiw on CG. I really appreciate it and hope you return again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

From the time we arrived at the guest house, we were made to feel so welcome. The rooms were beautifully decorated, and were spotlessly clean! The underfloor heating and electric blankets were such a treat!
The staff were well presented, friendly and very attentive to our needs. We wouldn't hesitate about a return visit to Cotswold Gardens, and can highly reccomend the guest house to other travellers.
Thank you Janine and Mike for a great experience... we hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply to your wonderful review of Cotswold Gardens. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you back again some day. Best regards. Janine

Reviewed June 14, 2012

From the first contact with this Guest House, one is given exceptional service. Friendly, courteous staff; exceptionaly clean, comfortable, heated bedrooms (lovely pillows); wholesome, tasty breakfasts; secure parking in a tranquil garden with a sparkling swimming pool! Definitely our choice for future visits to Johannesburg.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Gwynneth hi, thank you for your superb review. It makes us feel that everything we do is worthwhile. Hope to see you back here again in the near future.