“try this”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Werners Lodge and Bistro
Reviewed July 3, 2012

A great hotel fantastic food and friendly owners and staff
i stayed initially for 2 weeks on business but enjoyed it and returned with my family when they visited south africa
Rooms spacious and well equiped decor great and the ever changing menu out of this world
wener and zelda the owners are really friendly and all staff cant do enough to help I will return here any time I am in joburg overnight
eastgates shopping centre is about 200m away and bruma market 1/2 kilometer so shopping at hand along with proximity to central joburg
a really enjoyable time

Room Tip: try one of suites on 2nd floor really nice but all room s great
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank amlwchal

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have been to Johannesburg several times and always been to large hotels. This hotel is a small friendly hotel that gives value for money and makes you feel like a friend not a guest.
I arrived on a Saturday with live music outside which stopped for the Currie cup final. Retiring after a glass or two of wine to a room that would shame any executive class hotels around the world. The staff then greeted me by name for the rest of my stay, remembering my “preferences” all week (black coffee at breakfast, Hansa beer when I arrived from work then red wine)
The choice of food kept me excited all week, I could not decide one night and took advice which was for the best Schnitzel I have eaten. But the Steak, Bockwurst and Moroccan Chicken eaten on three other nights would show a Michelin star chef how to do basics well.
I landed in Johannesburg with a rest day before starting work and asked for advice on what to do on the Sunday, the recommendation for Go Safari could not have been better.
The room was large with separate seating, sleeping and bathing rooms, the seating room had a two seater settee, arm chair, coffee and side tables, a fridge and kettle with good selection of makings. The fridge had a minimum of 3 complimentary bottles of water replenished every day, which is once again better than most 4/5 star hotels. The king sized bed was comfortable with a choice of blankets and quilts available. The wardrobe was slightly small but still fitted all my shirts and trousers in (I wear clean shirt and trousers every day to work and a change for most nights). The bathroom had a shower that was probably over a metre square, the bath was a large corner type and a toilet and bidet made up the bathroom.
With this being a city hotel the road noise was audible, but no worse than any where else. I slept through every night and woke to a wonderful breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is either visiting Johannesburg or travelling through on the way to the rest of South Africa.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business