Amanzi Guest House
54 on Bath(Johannesburg)
$196
$177
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
$89
$71
Agoda.com
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$244
$230
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$115
$81
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$173
$148
Priceline
All reviewscraighall parkbedroom cottagehome away from homeguest housedelta parkhosts pamsound of running waterhome baked breadneighborhood restaurantsapartments are spaciouslovely hostslong staysuburban areabird lifelonger staybeautiful gardenan oasis
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent about three and a half weeks at Amanzi Guest House and cannot recomment it enough. The apartments are spacious, comfortable and very tidy and the staff always friendly and approachable. The guest house is ideal for both short and long stays and the area where it is located is safe and lush, with supermarkets like Spar within walking distance from Amanzi. As a single female resident staying at the guest house, I felt very comfortable about going for my morning jog in the neighbourhood and walking to the nearest grocery shop after work. The owner Pam is an absolute star, going to the extra mile to ensure her guests enjoy their stay at the guest house. The pool is magnificent and the garden creates a relaxing and soothing atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg business districts like nearby Sandton. Amanzi guest house made my stay in Joburg so enjoayable and yes, I cannot wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Eva-Maria
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Amanzi, and your very encouraging and positive comments. We are so glad you felt safe and were able to enjoy your jogs in the mornings, walk to our neighbourhood shops, and use the salt water swimming pool. We spoke about how surprised you were to experience Joburg as you did. It was great to see how you made the most of your free time walking on the flash tour walks in Johannesburg CBD, and getting around as you did. Looking forward to your return trip!
Warm regards
Pam

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at Amanzi for 6 nights in January, three of them with our grown up daughter Charlotte and her boyfriend. We had a special reason for being there - Charlotte was born in Joburg and we wanted to show where she was born and lived. Pam really got into the spirit of everything and organised a driver, gave us lots of help and even sorted a doctors appointment and lots of other things which were over and above what you expect a guest house owner to do.
The guest house itself is peaceful and beautiful, the breakfasts are delicious and the cottage we stayed in was perfect, spacious and comfortable. I could happily have lived there for weeks! Amanzi is also perfectly situated for any trip to Johannesburg be it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pamela K, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Tricia
It was great fun to have your family stay and i loved being part of your journey going back down memory lane! Thank you for your very positive review and new photos. It is always so rewarding to receive positive feedback and so appreciate your comments on our helpfulness, the space, that you find Amanzi peaceful, beautiful and convenient.
Look forward to another stay at Amanzi when next you take a trip to Johannesburg.
Warm regards from Pam and her staff

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been staying at the Amanzi since October, and cannot recommend it highly enough! Pam has truly created something special. The apartment I've stayed in is airy and bright, and very comfortable. All the little things have been thought of - an electric blanket for cool nights, tea, coffee and biscotti, fresh flowers every day, great water pressure in the shower, etc. The wireless connection is fast and free, perfect for days when i need to work at the nice desk in my room. The pool area is lush and comfortable; a great place to share a bottle of wine with other guests. Breakfasts are generous, cooked to order, and the coffee is delicious!!

As a female coming to South Africa alone on an extended 3 month work trip, I was apprehensive about safety. Craighall Park is a wonderful, safe suburb, and the Amanzi is a real haven where you feel completely secure. I jog in the neighborhood in the mornings, and can walk to the local shops during the day without concern.

Best of all, of course, is Pam. Thoughtful and helpful, she really goes the extra mile to make your stay a wonderful one. I look forward to visiting her and the Amanzi again and again on my work travels to Johannesburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review - if you found Amanzi special, we thought you were special too! Thank you for taking time to share your views on your stay here, that you found the room airy and enjoyed the extra details that go to make accommodation away from home special. I hope that wary travellers read your comments on how safe you felt in this suburb - poor Johannesburg gets such bad press, and of course there is crime, but the press does blow it out of proportion. We look forward to hosting you in the New year, with a braai and a good bottle of wine! Enjoy your well earned holiday from Pam and her team.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am currently at the aurport just after leaving the guesthouse but I simply have to write here!We are a small family, my wife and I and our 4 months old daughter, and stayed in the wonderful Amanzi Guest House for two days just before flying back to Germany. We booked very last minute but where treated like Kings. Pam and her team are more than welcoming and really know how to treat their guests. We are travelling a lot and since we come from the Hotel business ourselves we ery much apperciated the service which you don't find everywhere.
Any wishes you might have Pam reads from lips. There is filtered and really tasty tap water at any time available for free, an that is something valuable in Joburg!:-)) The rooms are spacious and very clean!Wifi, DsTV and a full equipped kitchen where available to us since we stayed in a cottage.
There are shopping possibilities in walking distance although anybody should rent a car if you wanna stay in South Africa.
We even had guests over for an evening and I'm sure the outside patteo could have been used as well.
All in all we had a wonderful time there and when we sat at breakfast we had a small river right in front if us which is flowing through the garden!Beautiful!
And don't be afraid of the two lovely dogs and the sweet cat!:-)))
Anytime again!Wish we could have stayed longer!
Thank you Pam!

• Stayed: December 2012
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

It was a pleasure to have your small family enjoy your stay at Amanzi! We try so hard to go out of our way to make our guests as comfortable as we can, and so appreciate your positive comments. I am very proud of our delicious water, and myself havent tasted better anywhere! Thank you also for commenting on the spaciousness of the rooms, as i do know that my rooms are more spacious than most guesthouses! And thank you also for commenting on how convenient my neighbourhood of Craighall Park is - shops close by, and very close to Rosebank, and Sandton. Wishing you all the best for 2013 from Pam and her staff!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in Appartment 3 last month and have been missing it since. The place is like a huge and airy loft; all you hear is the small stream that runs in the garden below. The neighbourhood is quite safe and very quiet.

What makes this place so special is Pam, its owner. She went extra lengths to help me sort out some issue I had and was particularly helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the loft space of the apartment, with the sound of flowing water soothing city nerves at the end of the day. Great that you felt safe in our neighbourhood too. I know how awful it is when one encounters a problem away from home, so I am relieved I was able to help. My intention was to create an oasis and respite in the city!
Best wishes from Pam and her team