WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A wonderful home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amanzi Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Amanzi Guest House
Ranked #7 of 281 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
“A wonderful home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am currently at the aurport just after leaving the guesthouse but I simply have to write here!We are a small family, my wife and I and our 4 months old daughter, and stayed in the wonderful Amanzi Guest House for two days just before flying back to Germany. We booked very last minute but where treated like Kings. Pam and her team are more than welcoming and really know how to treat their guests. We are travelling a lot and since we come from the Hotel business ourselves we ery much apperciated the service which you don't find everywhere.
Any wishes you might have Pam reads from lips. There is filtered and really tasty tap water at any time available for free, an that is something valuable in Joburg!:-)) The rooms are spacious and very clean!Wifi, DsTV and a full equipped kitchen where available to us since we stayed in a cottage.
There are shopping possibilities in walking distance although anybody should rent a car if you wanna stay in South Africa.
We even had guests over for an evening and I'm sure the outside patteo could have been used as well.
All in all we had a wonderful time there and when we sat at breakfast we had a small river right in front if us which is flowing through the garden!Beautiful!
And don't be afraid of the two lovely dogs and the sweet cat!:-)))
Anytime again!Wish we could have stayed longer!
Thank you Pam!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
It was a pleasure to have your small family enjoy your stay at Amanzi! We try so hard to go out of our way to make our guests as comfortable as we can, and so appreciate your positive comments. I am very proud of our delicious water, and myself havent tasted better anywhere! Thank you also for commenting on the spaciousness of the rooms, as i do know that my rooms are more spacious than most guesthouses! And thank you also for commenting on how convenient my neighbourhood of Craighall Park is - shops close by, and very close to Rosebank, and Sandton. Wishing you all the best for 2013 from Pam and her staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Paris (France)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in Appartment 3 last month and have been missing it since. The place is like a huge and airy loft; all you hear is the small stream that runs in the garden below. The neighbourhood is quite safe and very quiet.

What makes this place so special is Pam, its owner. She went extra lengths to help me sort out some issue I had and was particularly helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the loft space of the apartment, with the sound of flowing water soothing city nerves at the end of the day. Great that you felt safe in our neighbourhood too. I know how awful it is when one encounters a problem away from home, so I am relieved I was able to help. My intention was to create an oasis and respite in the city!
Best wishes from Pam and her team
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at Amanzi Guest House on August 21 and 22. Upon arrival from the airport, Pam greeted us warmly was very friendly. We stayed in the Belhambra cottage next to the main guest house. The rooms were clean but were very small. There is very little space to move around in the rooms, the living room is the only room where you could really stretch out. We noticed a row of ants crawling over the kitchen wall, across the living room and swarming over the DVD player, we brought it to Pam's attention. She had someone come the next day and spray but we still saw residual ants crawling. The wi-fi service in Amanzi is very poor, we had to pull up our stools next to the entrance door just to get reception. For four of us, we were provided one bottle of some sort of super filtered water - didn't think that was enough for four people. Breakfast..meh..omelettes were rather dry - over cooked, couple of table spoons of milk while whipping eggs would have made them moist. On our last day, Pam seemed rushed and said she had to leave so I paid the guesthouse charges while at breakfast. She forgot to return my credit card and I did not remember to collect the credit card from her. She emailed me but I was able to see my email only when I got to Cape Town. She mailed the card next day but by the time card got to Cape Town, we had left the country.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I really appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to write your comments. And am so sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Amanzi. I know that it is difficult for a family of four to fit into a small cottage, and agree with you that the second bedroom is small. I was not aware you struggled with the wifi connection, as using the cable, the signal is strong. I find the beating is the secret to good omelettes, and apologies that yours were not up to our usual standard :) I cannot tell you how sorry I am that first of all, I omitted to give you back your credit card, and that i was not able to get it to you before you left Cape Town. Best wishes, Pam
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Make that 10 stars actually!! I stayed at Amanzi Guest House for about a month while I was in Johannesburg, and I hated to leave. Pam is amazing!! She’s so warm and genuinely cares about the comfort and wellbeing of her guests. The staff are friendly and courteous. Together they bring a very personal touch to hosting. Stayed in Apartment 2 which is inarguably one of the most beautifully decorated rooms I have ever stayed in. My room was spacious, airy and squeaky clean. I was particularly blown away by the attention to detail. I loved the pool and the garden. Felt so much at home! I do not see myself staying anywhere else in Johannesburg henceforth…

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello George! Thank you so much for your glowing 10 star review! I have just got back from holidaying in Namaqualand viewing the flowers, so my response to your review is a little late.
My staff and I are delighted you felt so comfortable and at home with us, and that you liked the space and decor of the apartment. We really look forward to a return visit. Best wishes from us all, Pam and her staff at Amanzi.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went back to Amanzi for a second stay recently and only have good things to add to my first review. The owner has a personal touch, the staff are gracious, the rooms/apartments spacious, airy, with attention to detail. All in all, just a nice home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pamelamary52, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Amanzi once again! Good to have you back, and my staff and I so appreciate your positive comments, and that you like the spacious airy feeling of the apartments.
Warm regards from Pam and her staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here only a couple of nights but hope to come back and explore Johannesburg a bit more. I stayed in a cottage and felt very much at home. Pam is a very friendly and helpful host and all the staff are also very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for a long or short term stay.

• Stayed July 2012
, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hi Liz - thank you for your warm recommendation about Amanzi. Its always gratifying to hear that my staff and I succeed in making people feel at home. I hope your trip to Pilanesburg was as good as you hoped, and look forward to you staying with us again.
warm regards
Pam and her team
Clervaux
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at Amanzi Guesthouse for over a week. And it was not my first time. Simply because it's the best Guesthouse I have ever seen. Pam is amazing! The staff is very friendly, it is very clean and the cottages and/or appartements are wonderful! The garden and pool just invites you to use them, and during nice warm summer evenings you can sit outside and enjoy. I will go back in November and will definitly go back to Amanzi's Guesthouse (again) cause it's like going home!!!
Thanx Pam and staff, for making my trips to Jo'burg so special!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Amanzi Guest House, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review - and you know that we also feel that Amanzi is your South African home! You are always welcome here! Look forward to sharing a glass of wine and a braaivleis (barbeque!) with you again in November. Warm regards from Pam and her friendly staff.