“Great Asian fusion cuisine”
Review of Kong

Kong
Ranked #116 of 1,216 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg
“Great Asian fusion cuisine”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant has great food, a lovely ambience with some panoramic views, there is also plenty of parking. The Buzz shopping centre also has a great massage place, reflexions. So you can make a day of it go for a massage then walk across the parking lot and enjoy a great meal. As a local I like this Restaurant I don’t know however if I would recommend it for tourists as there is very local colour. However if your looking for a great place to take a date of start an evening it’s really worth a try.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
JHB
“The food is out of this world”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

great vibe, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff and very tasty food. they also have ladies offering shoulder massages which was a nice touch.

Dunboyne, Ireland
“Very very good food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I visited here with two friends and had some incredible food. The service was fantastic. We had some really good sashimi, and my main meal was the best salmon teriyaki that I have ever had. The chocolate fondant was also very good. Very nice atmosphere too.

Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average experience...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The menu is diverse and is written well, the execution is somewhat lacking. Presentation was good but the dishes didn't taste as good as they looked.
The service started off well however it slacked off during the evening. Waited 15 minutes for our dessert plates to be cleared by the manager whom we asked for the bill. We waited another 20 minutes before having to ask for the bill again from a waiter. Brulee and coffee were great!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“So many better places to eat don't waste your time”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We arrived without reservations and were looked at with disdain. Then we got seated in the wrong area for what we wanted to eat - oh the disaster!!! All OUR fault. I specifically requested no pepper on my food and when I got my food, it had to be sent back because there was pepper on it. They are so expensive and there are so many better restaurants in the area... Take your money where it's appreciated. You really don't need to pay to be treated badly!