“Well worth a visit”
Review of Assaggi

Assaggi
Ranked #184 of 1,336 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Assaggi Illovo is under new management and ownership it is back to its original state. Assaggi's original menu is back along with of our traditional authentic dishes. Talented and adored Head chef Luca Toni is back in the kitchen full of passion and generosity which shows in his food he serves.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my second or third visit to Assaggi in a quirky location in a small and rather old fashioned shopping centre. Good service and an authentic looking menu. The food was good, but unfortunately the evening for me was spoiled by a noisy gaggle of girls concentrating on themselves and ignoring their impact on others around them. Irrespective, I would recommend this as a place worth visiting because it's not the run of the mill, and in my experience reliable.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Not the usual Italian restaurant around Johannesburg, but excellent homemade pasta puts them apart from some of the rest. Most impressive is the use of truffle in some of their dishes... But this makes this restaurant expensive.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I can't understand why this restaurant gets such good reviews. The food is mediocre at best. But I guess so is most of the food in JHB

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Assaggi lives up to its hype by delivery grat italian food on an ongoing basis. Second only to Tortellini d'Oro in Jhb's northern suburbs for italian

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food is fabulous but the service put me off, for such a small restarant.
1) They got our order wrong with the drinks
2) Then they spilt our wine while pouring it
3) I had to get up to ask the bar men to order us another bottle of wine for the waiters were not available
4) Then when I asked for parmesean want our food had arrived the waiter instead of getting what i requested went to take a food order from a table.
5) got our coffee order wrong
so overall a real irritating experience, the wine over priced for this italien restaurant