“Birthday dinner”

The Local Grill
Ranked #9 of 1,302 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Best Steakhouse in South Africa awarded by The Wolftrap steakhouse championships. Offering kitchen tours and beef courses. Beef all aged on the premises and cut to order.
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This is the one place with the best oysters in the province, specially brought in from Namibia. The beef and stout pie is huge!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had an early fathers day meal with the family and friends. They were kind to take us on a tour of how they prep the meat which was very interesting. My food was good, the sauce selectin left me wanting more. In general it was a lovely meal with no complants. Serivice was good and being placed inside the wine cellar made it a really unique setting.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

South Africa is a meat lovers place and you will easily find plenty of restaurants where you can get a pleasant steak. But the local grill is different. Next to different local meats the do have a monthly special, everything is aged in their own premises and you can have a look yourself at their kitchen tours. Most important....their selection of meet is delicious.
What makes the evening special is the perfect service. Starting at 7 at a Saturday evening we were able to enjoy the restaurant, the drinks and of course the meat. Our waiter was always there when we needed him, he knows the meet and the wine list, was helping with recommendations and explanations where necessary but never gave us the feeling we need to rush. In opposite we were asked to slow down, relax and take the kitchen tour.
A perfect evening with absolute perfect food and service!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I found this place while walking to another steakhouse and it looked like a good neighborhood spot. I was right. I thought I had decided what I wanted to eat, but when we went on the kitchen tour, I quickly realized that I wanted everything. So, I got everything, which is an option here. In the end, I ended up with a kilo of meat. Which was fantastic.

Highlights of the restaurant would be the good atmosphere, prompt service, quality food, and, above all, the entertaining and informative kitchen tour.

1  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Local Grill is one of our favourites in joburg. Features very very authentic steak and also has a range of Halaal steaks. One of their side called Three sauces is a must try. Nice ambiance and fantastic food. Helping are very generous. The place never disappoints us, very safe to take visiting friends/family.

1  Thank MSiddiqui