“Ciao Baby - Montecasino - Good service, nice food”
Review of Ciao Baby

Ciao Baby
Ranked #797 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a late lunch on 20/10/2013.
Eight of us. We took our time and ordered since we were waiting for the Trevor Noah show @ 6pm.
The service overall was good. Our waiter did disappear for a bit, however the next person in charge attended to us, so we were fine.
Only my husbands steak was brought - Well done, when he asked for Medium to Well. They dealt with it quickly and kept checking if he was happy with his food. I thought that was good service!
The cheese cake apparently didn't taste good, according to one of the ladies, they didn't enjoy it - it tasted floury.
Overall we all enjoyed our meals. I would go back...

There are newer reviews for Ciao Baby

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I don't know why they can't get it right here. The food is never good when I go. I find they do can do more for vegetarians as well.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are a ice cream lover, you need to stop at Ciao Baby for some gelato! Great selection of flavours, quality ingredients and good service.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had lunch last Sunday at this restaurant. A huge mistake! What is a sit-down restaurant without energetic, willing to work waiters? Nothing!!! This is unfortunately the case with Ciao Baby Montecasino. The service was poor and slow. The waiter brought my husbands beer, telling me that my Cafe Latte will be brought 'just now'. This happened only 15 minutes later. By then it was ice cold. I could not find our waiter or the manager and had to take it back to the kitchen myself... Requesting fresh, hot latte. This was brought back to me 10 minutes later simply heated up in the microwave but still very luke warm. Once again the waiter disappeared before I could commentate on anything. Eventually I drank this lukewarm concoction. Simply because I was thirsty! The food took 40 minutes to arrive. My soup was on the cold side and so-so. I had to order and pay for extra bread as it is does not accompany the soup automatically. A new one for me! Every time a different waiter served us. It seems that there is big problem with the management of this restaurant which is a pity as their location is ideal. CIAO BABY MONTECASINO will never be our choice again... Not with all the other excellent restaurants at Montecasino!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let me first say that I am not a restaurant aficionado by any means nor do I have the money to frequent expensive restaurants. That said, I enjoyed a Father's Day breakfast buffet at the restaurant very much. There were a wide variety of food on offer, muesli, fruit salad and yoghurts; cold meats and cheeses; sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs; pizza, a kind of pizza bread and brinjals and crepes and chocolate croissants for pudding. This is not an exhaustive list but most of what I ate. I thought all very nice. The service was thoughtful, quite professional and really helpful. I found the fresh orange juice very good. The restaurant has very lovely views.