“Great stay”
Review of Abigail's B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Abigail's B & B
Ranked #182 of 305 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here again passing through JHB from Windhoek on my way back to Sydney. It was not my first stay. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and filled with interesting things. Mine looked onto a the lush gardens and was very private. The property and the main house is filled with artwork which is also evident in the mosaics and animal sculptures around the garden. The artist-owner is a bit eccentric but that adds to the charm of the place. Abigails is very central and close to buses, trains and the area it is situated in is very walkable/runable/accessble, historic and interesting. Very easy to find. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I recommend A's to everyone.

Room Tip: Garden room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank NicNieuwoudt

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Abigail's recently and I can highly recommend this B&B. Booking was a breeze with efficient and friendly correspondence. The rooms and facilities were great and the garden is sublime and peaceful! Thank you for a truly lovely experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place is awesome. The staff and owners are very friendly and look after you. It is well located. The cottages are very quaint and perfectly done - you have everything you need. It is also pet friendly. Their garden is beautiful and it is very peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank PearsonC
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I has been stay with Abigail's B & B since my first time to south Africa in 2007 till now , I go every year , always stay here , the room is style, and stuff friendly trustful , home made jam is my favorite beautiful garden , and 2 friendly dogs not far from city zoo , base in a very nice area

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cathu510
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed at Abigail's for 7 days and the enchanting garden, lovely, clean and spacious rooms with bathrooms and kitchens were a delight. Friendly, efficient staff who really provide a personal touch made me feel completely 'at home'. The charming decor and personal touches provide more than just a bed. It feels like home from home.
I can strongly recommend Abigail's. It is also close to major shopping centres and Zoo Lake with parks and lovely safe sunset walks. Alfred Rietmann (Artscape)

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Alfred Rietmann
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The minute we drove through the security gate to our parking near out entrance, you could tell that owner took pride in the establishment. The gardens are nicely laid out, the buildings are in good repair and once you get inside there are beautiful old collectables to feast your eyes on. The accommodation couldn't be more comfortable and is decorated with such taste. We had guests for coffee one evening who travel a lot and they could not believe the value. I could recommend Abigails B & B anytime.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hazel077
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed at Abigails for 8 nights with my three adult children. The accommodations were quite uncomfortable, dirty, and cold. The bathroom had mold on the tiles; there was a thick layer of dust on all the window sills, and the rooms smelled musty and old. Although we had been assured that there were no cats (my children are allergic), there were pictures of cats on every wall (a kind of cat decorating motif) and one cat that had the run of the dining room. My daughter was very sick, and we had to go to the hospital for an allergy-related condition which cleared up when we left. The alleged queen-size sleeper couches were small pull out sleeping mats that were very uncomfortable. Abigails didn't provide top sheets for these mats. One window would not close --leaving a 3-inch gap for air and bugs to enter our quarters. Because the weather was very cold, this made the rooms uncomfortably cold all the time. We stuffed newspapers and towels in the window gap (which soiled the towels from the dust), but this was not sufficient to stop the flow of cold air. We had only one space heater that didn't solve the problem, and the owner neither fixed the window nor provided another heater. It was like camping, but at a far higher cost. The pool was extremely dirty and not suitable for swimming. The alleged internet was very expensive on pay per data usage basis. On the plus side, the neighborhood was nice, safe and conveniently located. The owner and staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family