“Pleasant experience”
Review of Da Vincenzo

Da Vincenzo
Ranked #110 of 1,421 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An authentic Italian restaurant, where delicious homemade food is served in a romantic country setting and also an idyllic venue to host your special event in unforgettable Italian style Vegan options available
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

After reading a few of the write ups, I was a little sceptical but went ahead with a booking anyway. I remember when we visit many years back, the food was great and the service was good-I was hoping the reviews I read were once off and that we were not going to be disappointed.
We arrived at 1.30pm to find our table ready for us-good thing.
Our drinks we ordered came quickly, the food was good and certainly not of poor quality that I read in some reviews. It did take a little longer to prepare but was worth it in my opinion. We had a table outside which lacked "atmosphere", no background music but then again we chatted with friends and made our own "music".

Overall we had a pleasant experience,prices are decent, food was good, service was good. I wouldn't say it was as great as it was all those years back, but still worth it.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We opted for a romantic evening and boy was it...
We were given a Focaccia started which really set the mood and the started was followed by Meat Calzone for hubby and ribs&chicken for me.. the meal was absolutely delightful.. we were enticed by our watier to try the Floating Island Dessert... oh how lovely...
The wine list is very limited but most definitely worth a visit

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We had a pleasant experience at Da Vincenzo's. The food was really tasty and the service was very good. The outside of the venue has a nice Tuscany design, but the interior is somewhat impersonal, since it is a wedding venue as well and understandably difficult to expect an intimate restaurant atmosphere.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Attended a AGM dinner which I wasn't looking forward to attending. Well, the restaurant made the difference!!!!
The service was solid. The ambience magical. And the food delicious!!!!
Well done Da Vincenzo - being Italian myself, I can be quite critical of the food and preparation and I honestly couldn't fault anything. Thank you for making my evening a pleasant and enjoyable one. Mille grazie.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

The best part of this restaurant is the relaxed atmosphere you enjoy. Sitting outside in the sun enjoying all Italian delights. Their Salads, Pizza and Meats are all recommended