Tripadvisor

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Illovo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Resturants
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service at Fishmonger Illovo is unparralled. It is absolutely excellent and I can highly recommend that you ask for Dawit, he is an absolute joy. The food is always consistently good, the only hiccup I had was with the mussels in a creamy garlic sauce. The mussels were tasty but then I should have had steamed mussels as the sauce was so bland as to be completely tasteless. I didnt mention it as I was so enjoying my evening but I know that if i had said anything it would have been dealt with swiftly.
The rock cod was exquisite as was my Pangasius so yes, we will keep on going back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (380)

Reviewed January 12, 2020

It is one of the more pricey restaurants in the area but the service and quality of the food is always good... seafood is fresh and tasty, which is what one normally goes there for. The other dishes/foods are just as good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

Very consistent food. Fresh seafood always available. Prices are above average. Dawid our waiter was very knowledgeable on the different choices. The sea bass was delicious quite a big potion but very pricey. The vibe for lunch is very corporate.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed the Seabass thoroughly. Quite pricey, so make sure about the price of SQ. I still remember the taste weeks later.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

Two of my friends treated me to lunch for my birthday. The service and food was absolutely outstanding from the time I stepped in to the time I left! The sushi was amazing as well as the seafood platter and dessert!

Date of visit: November 2019